Chapter Twenty-Five: Missing

Start from the beginning

            “Hey! HEY!” I shouted, weaving through the throng of students in hot pursuit of Aiden and Ethan, who’d damn near apparated out of the AP Psych classroom the minute the bell had rung. I finally caught up to them on the front steps of the school, and flung myself in front of Aiden, forcing him to come to a halt.

“Hey, I was talking to you, asshole!”

“Didn’t hear you,” Aiden smirked, trying to snake by me with Ethan in tow. I grabbed his arm as tightly as I could, fixing both Aiden and Ethan with an icy glare. You damn well did hear me, you Alpha jerk!

“Tell me where my friend is,” I demanded, putting my hands on my hips now that I was confident they wouldn’t disappear. Ethan just laughed loudly, regarding me as though I was a raving lunatic.

“We don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I’m talking about you and your Alpha-douche bags kidnapping Erica and Cece! Now where are they?

“You don’t get to demand anything of us, little girl. Just because you’re Derek’s private whore doesn’t give you any amount of authority over us-“

“What did you just call me?” I cried in outrage, reaching back and slapping Ethan as hard as I could across the face. The smack echoed in the eerily quiet parking lot, and I had the satisfaction of seeing a red mark flare up on his cheek before it vanished. Regret flashed deep in my stomach as I realized I’d gotten myself into some deep shit by hitting him; Ethan lashed out, grabbing me by the upper arms and dragging me across the street and into the woods. I dug my heels in, screaming as loudly as I could before his large hand over my mouth cut me off.

                  “Ethan, what’re you doing? Ethan, stop!” I heard Aiden’s voice directly behind me before I was being jerked out of Ethan’s painfully tight grip and pulled into Aiden’s familiar embrace. To my surprise, relief washed over me, along with the knowledge that Aiden would never seriously hurt me. Unfortunately, Ethan didn’t seem to be riding the same No-Hurting-Chris train.

“She hit me, Aiden! No human gets to lay a hand on me without paying the price.”

“She’s a girl, Ethan!” Aiden protested, shielding me with his broad shoulders and lean torso.

“So what?! I thought the plan was for you to fake feelings for her, not actually like her!”

“I was faking, but I’m not gonna let you hurt an innocent girl! What’s wrong with you?” For some strange reason, hearing Aiden say he was faking liking me made a pang of agony shoot into my heart, and I tried to conceal my emotions so Ethan couldn’t use it against me.

“She’s not innocent, she’s dating Derek Hale!”

“You’re damn right I am,” I spat suddenly, my hopes flaring up as I spotted Derek hidden in the trees behind Ethan. His bright green eyes glinted in the shadows, and I saw him put a finger to his lips to silence me as he sprang out of the woods, jumping at Ethan and tackling him to the ground. Growls erupted from where they wrestled, and I watched in pleased fascination as Derek punched Ethan so hard in the jaw that his head snapped back against the grass and he spat out several mouthfuls of blood. Aiden suddenly broke away from me, running towards Derek with a snarl, and I knew with absolute certainty that while Derek could definitely take on one of the twins, he might not be able to defeat both of them.

“Hey, Aiden!” I screamed, also sprinting forward and launching myself onto his back. My smaller body wasn’t nearly enough to knock him to the ground, but it did catch him off guard, and Aiden stumbled and fell, somehow twisting his body so that I landed on his chest. I let out a small scream when my face fell inches away from Aiden’s gnashing fangs and glowing red eyes. Every muscle and nerve in my body was suddenly trembling with fear as I realized Aiden could easily slash me to bits and not think twice about it. He wouldn’t. Aiden wouldn’t do that. But my instincts were telling me to be scared, and well…I was damn terrified.