"Because I want to." I said and finished off on my face.

"You don't need it." Ashton said next to me and I rolled my eyes before picking Gracie up off the counter and sending her to the kitchen.

In Ashton's bedroom I laced up my white converse and put a black baseball cap on.

Breakfast was being cooked by Ann as I came back to the kitchen and sat next to Ashton at the bar eating some cereal and juice.

Ender had gotten ready by himself and came in wearing a light blue polo and khaki cargo shorts.

Once everyone was fed and teeth were brushed, the hassle of getting everyone out to the car proceeded. 

Ashton still had my wallet in his back pocket and I was plotting ways to get it back the entire drive to the Australia Zoo.

The moment we pulled up, panic flooded into my system. It was much more crowded than I expected and was insanely busy.

Ashton turned back to look at me from the passenger seat and gave me the same look of nervousness.

We parked the SUV and made our way up to the gates. Ann went to go buy our tickets while Ashton and I pulled Gracie and Ender aside.

"Okay, I need you two to listen to me." I said and crouched down to their level so I could look them in the eyes.

"There are a lot of people here and it is a big place so I want you both to stay within eye sight of us at all times." I said to them and Ender nodded.

"Gracie," I looked at her seriously,"You have to hold onto someone's hand while we walk through the zoo. Either my hand or Daddy's hand but don't let go, understand me?"

She nodded and I stood up, taking ahold of her hand.

When I looked up Ashton was giving me a strange look.

"What?" I asked him.

"Nothing, you just referred to me as her dad." He said, a smug grin showing up on his face.

"Well if anyone was going to be, it should be you." I shrugged and he reached out to take my free hand, tugging me towards him so he could kiss my temple.

Ann came back over and handed us our wristbands for us to enter the zoo, so I helped Ender put his on while Ashton helped Gracie.

As we entered the zoo I became very aware of the actual amount of people that were crowding around us.

I had never been with a group of people this size and with Gracie and Ender there it only heightened my anxiety. I felt like everyone was closing in on me and I forgot to breathe for a moment.

"Carter." Ashton said to me and snapped me out of my phase.

He wore the expression of concern and squeezed my hand.

"You good?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's just a lot of people." I said, my eyes furiously glancing around my surroundings.

"We're gonna be fine. Just hold my hand." He gave me an assuring smile and I stepped closer to him, pulling Ender along with me.

Gracie walked between Ashton and Ann, holding onto both of their fingers. It made me happy to see Gracie warming up to Ann and I'm sure it made her and Ashton happy too.

The first thing we saw were the different types of lizards which Gracie called "slithereds" and Ender found that hilarious.

After that we saw Otters which Gracie loved and squealed while they splashed around in the water.