Chapter Fifty Three

Juvia's POV:

Juvia woke up, and Gray was already gone. She had to get up and make breakfast herself. It was awful. Juvia hadn't cooked in so long, she had forgotten how to make simple things. Gray-Sama always spoiled her, so Juvia had started to take not working forgranted. She sighed and picked up an apple off of the counter.

While Juvia was eating, there was a knock at the door. She went to go answer it, and when she did, Juvia saw Lyon.

"Eh?" She said. "I thought you were spending the day with Gray-Sama."

"We were, but he ditched me to hang out with Natsu," Lyon said, and Juvia's heart lurched. "So I thought I should come see you." Lyon smiled sweetly at Juvia.

"With Natsu?" Juvia asked to confirm that she heard correctly.

"Yeah.." Lyon said. "I'm sorry, Juvia. You deserve someone so much better than him. I mean, it's not his fault he's gay, but the least he could do is tell you; not cheat on you."

"But Juvia does the same thing."

"He doesn't know that," Lyon said.

"Yeah..." Juvia said. "But there's something Lyon doesn't know either." Lyon looked a bit confused at what Juvia had said. "Juvia is pregnant. She thinks Lyon is the father. So, she also thinks Lyon might not want to mess around with her anymore. And Gray-Sama will leave her, and Juvia will take care of a baby all by herself..."

"Wait.. you're... pregnant?" Lyon asked, his eyes widening.

"Yes."

Despite Juvia's expectations, Lyon's mouth twisted into a smile.

"If it is mine..." Lyon said. "If it's alright with you, of course... could I be there? As the child's father?"

Juvia was surprised. She wasn't expecting Lyon to respond that way. Nonetheless, she was overcome with joy. "O- of course!" She said. "But... if it is Gray-Sama's?..."

"That shouldn't matter. I would love it all the same," Lyon said. "I love you, Juvia."

"Juvia thinks..." Juvia said. "She might love you too." Lyon's smile widened, and he placed his hands on the small of Juvia's back. He gently pulled her forwards and kissed Juvia softly. Juvia decided to tell Gray about this and end things with him. It was the right thing to do. And, Juvia wasn't entirely sad about it. She thought that both her and Gray would be happier that way...