Chapter Forty Nine

Natsu's POV:

"Juvia's pregnant," Gray said with an exasperated look. It was almost as though he wanted to cry, but felt it would ruin his image of manliness if he were to. But no matter what he was feeling at this moment, I can almost guarantee that what I was feeling was just as bad. Hesitantly, I opened my mouth to speak.

"...This might be hard to believe," I said slowly. "But that might not be your child."

Gray looked at me dumbfounded. "What?"

"It might not be yours," I repeated. "Lyon... He's been sleeping with her. He told me. So, I thought I should tell you. But then he convinced me to do this weird plan to get you and Juvia to break up--"

"So it was a plan," Gray cut me off.

"Eh? What was?"

"You posing for that picture," Gray said, completely missing the point of what I was trying to say. "You weren't actually with Lyon, you were doing it for a reason."

"Yes, but you're not listening," I said. "Your girlfriend might be pregnant with your friend's child--"

"So you don't like him... You still like me," Gray said, smiling slightly. He wasn't even caring for my bad news in the slightest bit.

"Gray.." I said carefully. I didn't know if he was ignoring the fact because he chose to, or if he really just didn't care. Honestly, I hoped it was the latter. I hate to do things like break people up, but I really love Gray. If he's not happy with Juvia, then I feel a sort of need to make him be with me. I know he would be happy with me. He knows it too. So, why can't we just give in to our feelings and be together? People would be hurt or confused about it at first, but they'd get over it eventually.... right? "Gray... would you still want to be with me?"