Chapter Thirty Four

Gray's POV:

I went to the guild without Juvia this morning. She was really sleepy after staying up so late, so she said she was going stay home today. Honestly, I'm kind of happy about it. It's been awhile since I've been able to hang out with everyone -- Juvia just so happens to be the jealous type.

I sat down at the bar, ordering a drink. "Hey, Gray," Mira greeted as I arrived, "No Juvia today?"

"Nah, she's too tired," I explained, taking a sip of the drink Mirajane brought me, "Hehe. Moving did take a lot of energy. She's completely drained."

"Oh, I bet," Mirajane agreed, smiling, "I remember the last time I moved -- it was a disaster."

Suddenly, I heard a loud, feminine voice from somewhere behind me. "Natsu?! You look awful!" It was Lucy. I spun around on the barstool and saw the blonde mage. She looked completely shocked. Then angry. She stomped across the guild towards... Natsu. Natsu's hair was messy, his clothes were only half on, and there were dark circles around his eyes. He looked like he hadn't slept all night, and considering he was at my house pretty late, he probably didn't.

"I'm fine," Natsu grumbled at Lucy, "Where's Gray? I need to talk to him." I heard my name and my head shot up slightly. Actually, this was where I realized I was eavesdropping. I turned back around on my stool and put my head down a bit. If he's trying to find me, I don't want him to find me while I'm staring at him and Lucy both.

After a few minutes, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned only my head to look up at the pink-haired mage standing next to me, "Oh, h-hey, Natsu," I smiled, only sounding incredibly awkward, "What's up?"

"I need to talk to you about something," he said, sounding eerily serious, "Something important." His mouth was fixed into a nearly straight line, and his spine was straight -- Natsu was standing almost like a soldier carrying out orders. It kind of freaked me out. However, he seemed like this was the most important thing in the world right now, so I nodded in agreement. When I did, his expression softened a bit. "Then can we go somewhere else? It's a bit crowded here..."

"Uh, yeah," I said, "How about we--"

"Go to my house," Natsu interrupted, "It's not too far of a walk, and Happy's out today. Besides, I cooked a really big dinner last night (of fish) and happy couldn't eat it all. So, if you'd like, you can have some."

"Um.. no thanks," I said, "But... I guess we can go to your place."

"Really?! You mean it?!"

"Y- yeah..."

~~~
Hello, all. I just woke up, so I'm not sure of this is good or not. I have plans today, so I'll probably not update. Unless I do. Then gj me. Well, follow, vote, etc. Luv u's~