Chapter Twenty Two

Gray's POV:

I helped set the table. By "helped", I mean I did the entire thing myself. It wasn't the greatest job, but I don't think Juvia would complain. I looked around at everyone who was here and sighed. I didn't really see the point in a housewarming party. I kind of just wanted to enjoy it in peace and quiet, but Juvia insisted.

"Hey, where did Natsu go?" I asked curiously, looking around, "And Lucy?"

"Juvia thinks they're in the bathroom, dear," Juvia mentioned, "Why?"

"Oh, I was just wondering..." I said, "Oh, and I already told you, it's I think, Juvia. I. Use pronouns, not your own name."

"Oh, r-right.." Juvia blushed, "Juvi-- er.. I forgot... I am sorry."

"Much better, babe," I smiled, and gently planted a kiss on Juvia's soft cheek, "I'll go get Natsu and Lucy. Can you put the food on the table."

"Sure thing," she smiled happily before skipping off to the kitchen.

I walked over to the bathroom, gently rapping on the door, "Natsu. Lucy. We're going to be serving dinner soon."

"Alright, Gray," Lucy answered in her usual perky tone, "We'll be out in a minute."

Natsu's POV:

"I'm not coming out," I said to Lucy's disapproving expression.

"Then how are you going to leave? Are you going to spend the whole night in Gray's bathroom?" She raised one eyebrow at me questioningly, "Stop being so dramatic and suck it up."

"No way," I started opening the tiny bathroom window, "I'll leave through here. No one will even notice."

"You can't be serious..."

"I'm more than serious," I assured her, "You can make up excuses for me if someone notices."

"Natsu, I've been making excuses for you for two years... You're going to have to come to terms with your feelings eventually."

"What feelings?" I asked, "I think you've had one too many glasses of wine." I laughed, but Lucy only glared at me.

"Do whatever you want, but don't drag me into it," Lucy scolded, "I'm in a happy relationship, when all you've done for the last couple of years is regret turning down that hunk multiple times." Once Lucy had finished talking, I had finally managed to pry the tiny window open.

"I don't like him; I never did," I scowled, "I'm going now. Tell everyone I got sick, or something." With some dificulty, I managed to squeeze through the window and make my escape. I breathed in the fresh air in relief. That was a living Hell.