Lurk In The Shadows

Diamonds POV

  The walk home was short lived. One minute I'm happily thinking of Mestraal and I future the next minute I'm at the door of the house. Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and walked in. The twins were sitting in the living room watching the wall while the butler scolded them for not being normal. I silently agreed with him, slipping past unnoticed up to my room. It was strange how quiet the house was tonight. You could hear a pen drop and think it was a gunshot.
   Quietly I packed whatever I could into five suitcases that were under the bed. I wondered if there were suitcases under everyone's bed. They must be prepared for escaping if need be.
  I walked down the hall towards the bathroom. Everything seemed too quiet as I looked into each room I passed. Where is everyone, I thought solemnly to myself. Then I heard voices.
   Silently I tiptoed to the door and put my ear against the cold, wooden door.
"....you put us at great risk by keeping her here!"
"Meka I fear you forget your place too easily when speaking to me."
  ".....sorry Hestron."
  "....need more than an apology from you."
  On the other side of the door I could hear movement. Well that hurt. Knowing the conversation was about me, I slid away walking back to my room. After walking away I heard crying and moaning coming from Hestons room.
  Knowing what was going on I dipped into my grabbing the suitcases. Then the door opened.
  "Is she here?!" It was Hestron.
  Panicking, I threw my suitcases in the closet and slid under my covers. I buried my face into my pillow as someone opened the door.
  The footsteps came closer to my bed.
Go away! Go away! My conscious yelled. Shallow breaths along my neck made goosebumps cover my skin.
  "Are you asleep Love?" He said running his fingers through my hair. I feigned a slight hum while pretending to be lost in sleep.
  "I have great plans for you Love. We can rule together.....forever."
  Disgust rolled through my heart as I listened to his words.
  "I will have my way with you....whether you want me to or not. I just need to get Mestraal out of my way." He said kissing my forehead and rising from my bed.
  "Sleep tight Love. I'll come get you for dinner."
  With those words he quickly left my room careful not to close the door too loudly. Tossing the covers off me I grabbed my suitcases thinking of an escape route. My window.
  Quietly I opened it, throwing all five suitcases into the bushes. A black camino pulled up and Mestraal poked his head out. Smiling to myself I climbed out of the three story window.
  Once making it to the car I piled my suitcases in then got in. But as soon as I shut the car door I looked to the house door as Hestron opened it. His face went from shock to rage.
  Mestraal pulled off before I could close the passenger door. The last thing I saw looking back was Hestron in the middle of the street kneeling.
  His screams will forever pierce my ears.