Chapter 23 !

Diamonds Pov

I watched him silently as he woke up and looked at me in confusion. Then, as if slowly recognizing me he smiled and reached for my hand.
"Oh my god, I'm so glad you're alright!" I basically screamed as I jumped to hug him.
"Well yeah.... I kinda am a fallen angel. I don't die that easily." He stated matter of factly.
I frowned at his sarcasm and held his gaze.
"Who did this?" I asked.
"I don't know. One minute I'm walking, the next minute I have a bullet in my back."
"Do you think someone could be after you?"
"Hestron is my only enemy and I don't think he'd shoot me in broad daylight. Not in front of so many of my kind."
I sat and thought for a while. What he said was reasonable but who knows what a person will do if the hate ran deep enough. Then it hit me.
"Maybe he sent someone to do it!"
Watching Marcus as he sat in deep thought, he showed no emotion.
"Why aren't you pissed?! Someone shoots you and you're just calm and relaxed as if it never happened!"
"Being pissed won't get you answers Love." He said simply.
He was right.... Hell everything he said was right. But I need him. I love him. And I'll do anything to keep him alive.
"Go into hiding with me King" I whispered hoarsely. He looked at me with wide eyes that held a hint of amusement.
"Go into hiding? You realize I have to rule over my fallen angels."
"Yes. But they don't have to know where you live. They can contact you through something or someone. Marcus we can work everything out! Please just trust me." I begged holding onto his arm tightly.
He held my gaze silently, not revealing anything.
Then he gave a deep sigh and I waited for the worst.
"Look-"
"Marcus nevermind I understand its-"
"I'll do it."
This caught me off guard. Did he really just say that?
"What" I asked.
"I said I'll do it, if it'll-"
Before he could finish an officer burst through the door.
"Mr. King! Your building has been burned down! There is n-nothing left." The officer said hesistantly.
"Are you serious Jeff?!" Said Marcus as he rushed out of the hospital bed and to the door.
Before he ran out he rushed back to me and kissed my forehead.
"Pack your things tonight and be ready to leave tomorrow."
And with that he left.