See You Again

Kings Pov

Nothing could have prepared me for the sight of her. As I turned and locked eyes on her face, a blistering cold swept through me.
Diamond. I tried hard to control myself, overcome with the reality of her, the incredible sight. I was consumed with guilt as the sight also brought painful memories. I'd failed her and let my precious Diamond die.
But she's alive... How ? I thought my dreams of her were just dreams. She wasn't the same as she was before she died - physically no, mentally and emotionally, yes.
"I - I missed you Diamond" my voice barely above a whisper.
Yet despite her amazing figure I still felt the need to protect. I waited for her to respond but instead I was hurt by what I saw.
She looked up at me with wet, gray eyes, tears sliding down her soft face. She held my hand as if I were her life.
"Why....didn't you come for me?" In her voice I heard pain. It hurt knowing that I caused her so much pain.
"I....had to. I wanted you to stay with me. But you were human and that went against everything fae stood for. I never thought the guardians would come. There was nothing I could do. I thought you were dead."
I watched as she laid onto the grass and looked into the sky. Quietly, I laid next to her, the smell of roses entering my nose. She sat up and rubbed my head with her soft delicate hands.
"I missed you too King." Her words made a smile appear over my face. "I will always love you," she said as she caressed my cheek.
"It's a good thing I've got forever to love you."
"King?"
"Yes Love?"
"What are you?"
I froze. Did she already know my secret? Does she know the monster I am? If I told her would she still love me? "What do you mean?"
"Don't play dumb with me. I've seen and learned more in a day than I should have. What. Are. You?"
I stayed silent. Thinking of how I should tell her.
"Answer me," her voice firm.
I had no choice but to answer her. She deserved the truth no matter how painful.