Prince of Roma- Chapter 12

Previously on Wolves of Roma:

So Max, what do you do?"

Stunned silence followed that question.

Maxwell looked at Evelyn, who was looking at Jeff, who in turn was looking anywhere but the dining table.

The night just got interesting.

Chapter 12
---------------

One look at Evelyn Maxwell knew that she did not want it to be revealed this way, not on the dining table.

"I help my mother in our business" Maxwell said, which was technically correct. Roma family did have one of the biggest business empires in Europe.

Jeff scoffed and Evelyn gave him a warning look.

"Oh! That's nice! What business do you run? Is it a family business? We run a diner you know, me and Jeff, built it from scratch" Cathy said beaming with pride.

Max raised an eyebrow "A diner?" He asked looking at Evelyn "Is it Joe's?"

"No. Joe's is competition" Cathy said grumpily, a stiff competition but her business did not do badly either. They made a decent profit every month or had made until the rogues attacked and they had to almost abandon it.

"But don't you and Alex go to Joe's every day?" Maxwell innocently asked Evelyn.

She hissed at him at his betrayal. While her mom said sadly "I know, my own daughter is a traitor. But, Joe does make a mean burger" She confessed.

"And our diner is currently closed undergoing renovation and I am sure once it's up my daughter will support her family business" Cathy looked at her traitorous daughter pointedly who shrunk back in to her chair.

"Our Chef sucks mom! We need to change him" Evelyn meekly came back.

"He is our pack member Evy, there is something called pack loyalty!" Her mother admonished. While Evelyn looked down at her plate guiltily.

"We don't need to run a diner, Cathy. We have enough money, I don't know why you insisted on opening the damn place in the first place." He had loved Joe's now he could not step in to that place because of her business. Joe's had been the packs place to hang out until Cathy opened her joint.

Cathy simply gave a nasty look to Jeff who instead realized he had shot himself in his foot. He moved in his chair uncomfortably finding the salad bowl extremely interesting.

Someone was sleeping on the couch tonight. Maxwell gleefully thought as an involuntary smile crept on to his face, which instantly dropped when he saw the scowling face of him mate who was still upset at his betrayal. He gave her an innocent look and mouthed a sorry at her as she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Well, I would love to check out your diner ma'am, whenever you reopen it" Maxwell offered to Cathy.

She gave him a sweet smile "Sure Max and call me Cathy, ma'am makes me sound old."

"Sure Cathy" he smiled back.

"How long will you be here?" Cathy asked.

"That depends on Evy" Maxwell said looking at his mate and Jeff narrowed his eyes at Maxwell, was he pressurizing her to move with him? To half way across the world?

"I know she has her exams and after that whenever she feels she is ready to move, It is up to her" He said, he knew it was not the complete truth. It would not be safe for them to stay in Colorado indefinitely. They would have to move back to Roma, but that was a discussion for him and Evy.