Chapter 21

Chapter 21
---------------

Evelyn did not know how much time had passed.

She sat curled up, with her knees to her chest and her head resting on her knees in the bathtub. She had locked herself in this room's bathroom.

Her mind was on an overdrive and she developed a headache but she could not stop thinking

Mate!

That one word has turned her world upside down.

What would she do now?

She had been so set on her future, so determined and now fate was laughing at her. Mocking her for thinking she was in control of her future.

Her hopes crashed around her. The feeling of despair overwhelmed her. This mate of hers would not let her go, that was for sure and as she understood once her wolf came out, it would be impossible for her to leave him for their wolves would bond.

Why her?

There were many who dreamed of a mate, wanted to have one. Not her and definitely not now.

Hot tears streaked out of her eyes unchecked.

Now that she found her mate it would be only be matter of time her wolf manifested and her instincts would be driven by that animal inside of her.

She could see her dream of attending medical school and moving to city disappearing in to thin air. Her life has been thrown in to a spin with one word.

It was not fair!

She thought bitterly. She could not see any way out of her predicament, once that wolf declared to her Alpha that she was his mate, she would become his property in all sense. No one would understand her side, no one would be willing to listen. They would repeat what they had told her earlier. Let your wolf come out you will know.

She did not want a stupid wolf! She did not want a stupid mate!

But she knew, this wouldn't get her anywhere. She needed to think practically, she needed to face her reality.

She had a mate!

There, she finally acknowledged this fact. Tears streaked out of her eyes with renewed vigor as the fact finally sunk in. She angrily swiped at the tears with her palms.

What would she do now? What would he want from her?

The uncertainty of her future was killing her.

He was a Roma wolf that was sure, so would she have to leave with him to Roma?

A cold dread set on her with this thought. Surely he would want his mate to follow him to any corner of the world.

From what little she knew about mates, there was no way he would let her stay here.

She would have to leave her family, her friends...her home, she finally had a place she could call home. Some semi balance of happiness with her mother and Jeff. Now she would have to leave everything behind.

She was not ready, she just was not.

Maybe she could talk to this mate of hers? Reason with him? Ask him for time to get used to this idea?

This thought was like a ray of sunshine.

She knew there was no escape for her and for now she could kiss college goodbye, however she still had three months of school left. She would bargain with him for three months to graduate from school and then she would follow him anywhere he wanted her to.