-*CHAPTER 23*-

Closer by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey
______________________________________

273K reads? I'm not okay, I promise. *wink*

Btw, I have no fuckin' excuse to why I have gone on a "short" hiatus.

Kind of a filler chappy.

-Lisa

***

Katherine

Darkness.

That's all I see.

I feel two thingies holding both of my hands. At least I think it's my hands. Maybe they're my feet. Well, that would be weird if a person was holding my foot instead of my hands. Ugh, I don't know anymore. Wait, I'm going off subject aren't I? Damn.

Anyways, it was dark. Not a single speck of light. I couldn't even move, honestly. What happened? I can't remember a single thing after-

Oh. Oh. OH!

Alright, never mind, I remember. Wait, shouldn't I be worrying about this? Damn.

And suddenly, a light flashed, brightly through the darkness, briefly blinding me.

Well, that was quick.

~

I opened my eyes but immediately closed them. Damn, the light is bright. I coughed once, then twice, then over and over again.

"Oh, shit." I heard a voice say, followed by a bit of shuffling around. I felt something cold touch my lips then later on realized that it was a glass. I tilted my head back and felt the cold water go down my throat.

I opened my eyes and looked around the room, even if my eyesight is still a little blurry. I adjusted to the lighting and saw James and my producer and director, Lan. He was a lanky guy but he helped me keep up. He was human, clueless to the werewolves around him.

"Hey sis." James said, "Are you feeling better now? Any headaches or pain anywhere on your body?"

I let out a chuckle and asked him, "Are you the doctor?"

To be honest, he looked terribly calm. No sign of eye bags, disheveled hair or puffy eyes. Only a normal looking James and a normal looking Lan, who was, by the way, scrolling through his tablet.

"No, I'm not. But, I am your brother. Can't a brother worry about his only sister?" He said, rolling his eyes at me.

"Hey Lan." I greeted the lanky man. He had brown hair, brown eyes and was in his early 20's. He looked up then came towards me. He was serious, yet, his eyes held concern.

"Girl, I was, like, so worried about you! You have no clue!" He said, dragging the o sound in so. "Your brother told me you hit your head hard and my first thought was, like, does she have amnesia? If she does, then that means she'll forget everything in a snap!" He snapped his fingers.

Did I ever tell you he was gay? Well, he is. Some girls are bummed because he was pretty cute. He was proud to be gay. One time, at the mall, a girl flirted with him, completely oblivious to the fact that he was drooling over some guy. She touched his arm and he was like, "Girl, keep your nasty paws off me!" then he Z snapped and walked away. The girl was utterly dumbfounded! Fuckin' priceless!

"Hola! Earth to Katherine! Yo!" Lan said, waving his hand in front of my face. "I dropped by to tell you that you have a modeling gig next weekend. I'll text you the deets. I have to go because I have a date. Peace!"

He gathered his things then walked out the door. That's when I realized something. He wasn't here. Damiano wasn't here. He's my mate. He's supposed to be the first one I saw when I woke up. Yet, he wasn't here.

"James? Have you seen a guy about my age in here?" I wondered. Then, I remembered I have yet to tell them I had a mate. Meh.

"Oh, you mean your mate, Damiano? Yeah, he left a couple hours ago. Don't know why, to be honest." He shrugged nonchalantly. How does he know Damianao's my mate? Did Damiano tell him? Does Hayden know? Shit- Wait, he left?

"He left?" I asked with my eyes wide. The fuck? Does he not care that I hit my head and went unconscious? He was supposed to be the first one I saw when I woke up. He was supposed to be the one who helped me. Doesn't that shit usually happen in books?

"Yeah, he left. He looked pretty pissed if you asked me. Even a blind person could see how pissed he was." He said. "You were out for a day. Honestly, I thought you were gonna be out for a week, maybe two. Good thing you're a werewolf, huh? Fast healing."

I looked at the IV and the heart monitor. Why would I need a heart monitor? I'm not dead. I quickly grabbed the needle and pulled it out of my arm. I reached over and unplugged the heart monitor and took off all the other tubes and shit. This is what happens to you when you're unconscious in a hospital. They poke you with tubes and needles.

"Did you bring my clothes? I don't feel like walking around in a hospital gown. I don't need anyone seeing my perfect ass." I sassily said. Yes, I am just Sassy McSassyPants.

"Oh, you mean your fat ass?" James retorted. I gasped and mocked being offended. He smirked at me and stuck his tongue out childishly.

"Don't be a hater just because you have a flat ass, flat ass." I retorted back, raising my eyebrows as if challenging him.

Hayden chose that time to walk in saying, "Can you guys stop talking about butts?" Then, he threw some clothes at me and sat on the chair beside my bed.

"Well, at least someone was kind enough to bring me some clothes." James rolled his eyes and opened his phone. He was playing a game called Pokemon Go. I'm pretty sure everyone knows the game.

I stood up and walked to the bathroom that was connected to my room. I changed my clothes into the clothes that Hayden brought which consisted of a black high-waisted skirt, a loose white sweater and some boots. I tied my hair up into a loose messy bun and looked at myself in the mirror. I look amazing, as always. I went out into the room and what did I see.

A fuming mate named Damiano who looked as if he would shift at any moment.

Well, fuckin' shit. Fuck you James and Hayden, for leaving me and letting this dude in the room.