-*CHAPTER 18*-

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW! <3

This chapter is all about Damiano.

Enjoy!

-Lisa

***

Damiano

I don't understand. What did she want me to say? Does she want me to go on one knee and tell her I'm sorry? Why didn't she just accept my apology when I first apologized? I rarely say sorry to anyone so I don't know what I did wrong. When I saw the tears in her eyes, I knew I did something wrong. I mean, I did snap at her. I didn't mean to but I did. I was just confused.

I sighed and ran my hand down my face. Currently, I was sitting down on my porch steps. What do I do now?

I stood up and looked at my house. The same house Katherine ran out of. I shook my head and went in.

I grabbed a gray sweater from the sofa amd put it on. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My blue eyes looked dull. Carson told me that whenever we talk about Katherine,whenever I hear hee name, whenever I see her or whenever we talk, my eyes light up brighter than the brightest Christmas light there ever was. She brings out the best and worst in me. I haven't even marked her.

I went out pf the house and immediately got hit by the cold air. I walked down the sidewalk and allowed myself to get lost in my own thoughts.

I ran my hand through my hair. I'm pretty sure my dark brown hair was messy and tousled, just the way I like it. I wonder if Katherine likes it. Ugh, here I go again. Ever since I met Katherine, everything frpm my peripheral view of things changed. I look at what I used to think was seductive as slutty. I ignore the girls who dress lile sluts. And last bilut not the least, I have been thinking of one person, one person only.

I'm always thinking of Katherine. I never stopped. Does she think of me, too? How often does she think of me? I kicked a stone and watched as it rolled away. I looked around and noticed that I was in a playground. I saw a boy sitting on the swings. Curiously, I walked to him and tapped his shoulder. He faced me and looked me up and down.

"Don't worry. I won't hurt you." I told him as I sat on the swing beside him.

"I know you won't." The boy said. What does that mean?

"I'm Damiano." I introduced myself. He smiled at me.

"I know." He said, yet again. Does he know everything?

"Um, who are you?" I asked him.

"Actually, you already know who I am." He told me. I do?

"Let me formally introduce myself." He said then cleared his throat. "Hi, I'm James. James Arthur Williams."

Wait, James? Katherine's brother? The one I got jealous of?

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Katherine must be worried.

"I'm here to help. Plus, she thinks I'm at a party." He said, swinging back and forth. "So, ask away."

I opened my mouth but he beat me to it. "I already know what you're gonna ask. Here's a tip. My sister is simple and unpredictable. If you apologize, you have to mean it. Sincerity. Emotion. She doesn't want gifts. Actions speak more than presents. That's what she says." He tells me. Sincerity? She wants me to apologize sincerly.

"Remember this, expect the unexpected from my sister. Forgive but don't forget. You should forgive but you should never forget the lessons you learn from the mistakes you make. She should learn how to forgive and you should learn how to remember the lessons you learn." He said. This kid is so... weird.

"Did Katherine tell you what happened between us?" I asked him. Katherine must have told him this information.

He smiled and said, "Kat didn't even tell me she had a mate."

Confused, I asked, "Then, how'd you know?"

"I've got sources." He shrugged.

"Well," James said, standing up and dusting off his jeans. "I should get going. It's getting late. We don't want Kat to get worried now, do we?"

"Yeah, yeah. Uh, see you later James." I said, still thinking of what he said. He started walking away then he ran.

How does he know all this? This kid is.... weird. Really weird. But wise.

I sighed and started walking, yet again. I'm going to the place where I usually go to think. Where I allow myself to get lost in my thoughts. The beach.

Oh, Katherine. My sweet, sweet Katherine.

***