DOUBLE TAKE Chapter 1

Kensi walked into Ops to find her small red headed friend. "So, Nell, who are we going to be tonight? And where are we going?"

The small Intelligence Analysis turned and smiled at her long legged and gorgeous friend. "You are Rachel McMann who works for an Events Corp, and is on holiday from Long Island, visiting her friend, me."

"And who are you, my friend?" Kensi asked her.

Nell smiled and widened her eyes. "I am Lisa Gunning, who works for Paramount pictures as an assistant to a well known Producer."

"Cool, who?"

"You are full of many questions tonight aren't you?"

"Now whose throwing questions back at me?" Kensi smiled. "I'm just making sure I know all our details for our night out on the town." As she smiled, her eyes lit up. It was their last day working before their holidays began. Four whole weeks of bliss. No bad asses to kick, no Deeks cracking jokes, and no smirk from Callen when she's peeved at someone. She was eager to start their holiday out on the town with her dear friend.

"Are you two going out tonight?" Eric asked, hopeful of an invite.

Both Nell and Kensi turned to face the Computer Tech. "Yes we are. Girls night out."

"Oh. Have fun." Eric turned back to his screen, disappointed.

"Don't be so down, Eric. We have our nights of video games, Kensi and I have our nights of girlie talk and checking out the scenery."

"TMI," Eric responded. Glad not to have been invited after all. "Well have fun, Rachel and Lisa."

With that, Kensi and Nell said good bye and left to prepare for operation girls' night.

"Where's Kensi and Nell going?" the detective asked Eric as he walked down the stairs.

"Girls' night out. And we're not invited," Eric answered.

"Oh. Any plans, my man?"

"Um, no." And as Eric turned to leave, Deeks caught up with him. "Let's have 'man night' then."

"Cool."

"Hey Sam, Callen." Deeks turned to the two senior agents. "Want to come out on man night?"

"No, thanks, Deeks," Callen replied. "I have a plane to catch."

"What? You're not serious are you?" Sam piped in. "You, G. Callen, flying somewhere for your holidays?"

"Yes, Sam, I am."

"Where?" Sam asked. Both Eric and Deeks stood curiously waiting for his reply.

"Hawaii." Callen grinned at his fellow team mates. "Detective Chin Ho Kelly has offered me a room during my visit." Callen picked up his duffle bag and walked out of the Mission. "Have a great holiday folks." And he was gone.

Sam, Deeks and Eric stood there astounded at their team leader's news.

"What is so surprising to you three gentlemen that Mr Callen has planned his holiday?" They jumped at the voice of their tiny yet fearsome Operations Manager, Henrietta Lange.

"Hetty, we didn't see you there," Deeks finally said.

"Oh come on, Hetty. You know better than any of us, G doesn't go on holidays."

"True, Mr Hanna, but this time he has. And I for one am glad he has."

"Yeah, me too," Sam replied. "Well I better go home and pack for my family holiday." He turned to Hetty, Deeks and Eric. "Stay out of trouble and have a great holiday. See you all in four weeks." Sam smiled at the thought of spending every minute of every day with just his family, and not having to dash out when he got a call for work. Like the three before him, he left.