Chapter 9

Troye's pov

     "This is embarrassing but, before I got to Rise, as I was leaving my house I tripped and fell." I wrote Connor a fake explanation hoping he would believe it. I showed him my notebook trying to read his face, and unfortunately it didn't look like he believed it, shit.
    "Troye what really happened?" Connor was asking me what happened, my heart was racing. Nobody ever asked about me not even when I was in school. I've never told anybody about my dad I wasn't planning on telling anyone either. For some unknown reason I felt as if I could trust the boy sitting beside me. I was so deep in thoughts I almost didn't feel Connor put his hand gently on my face where my bruise was. Damn this boy, he took his hand off my face and got out my notebook and pen for me. Why? Why did this boy care about me? He handed me the pen and book.
     "My dad" before I knew what I was doing I had written down the reason for the bruise on my jaw. The reason for the scars on my body, the reason I was mute. I stopped writing and looked at Connor, he was reading the words I had written on my notebook.
     "Troye, I don't know why, but I want to help you. I know we don't know each other but something in me is telling me to help you."  Connor looked up at me as if waiting for a response again.
   "Thanks for talking but I need to go." I wrote down, it was 5:00 now and to tell you the truth I didn't want Connor to help me, I didn't want to drag him in to the hell that my life was. I showed Connor my notebook and wiped away the tears that had started to fall. "Ok I'll walk you home" Connor was done reading my note and looked up at me  with a look of concern and maybe, just maybe a hint of sadness. I shook my head no because I didn't want Connor to come, if I lived a happy normal life I wouldn't have objected but that's not my life. "Yes Troye I am walking you home." Connor stood up after me unfortunately he was a couple of inches taller than me so he was quite intimidating. I shrugged my shoulders and started walking towards my house.
     Before I knew it we were at my house and Connor took my notebook and pen.
"If you ever need anything" he looked down at me. "Just call me or text me ok?" He gave me my things and a questioning look. I just nodded him a thanks and waved at him as I was walking up my steps to my house. I turned back and Connor was already walking towards the way we came from when I went to my bedroom. I closed my door and collapsed on my bed when a flood of exhaustion set in and I fell right to sleep.

~Okayyyy so what do ya think about this chapter?? You can leave suggestions, comments, all that goodness in the comments or my Twitter ( @Ohnotroye ) thanks for reading I'll see ya in chapter 11!