Chapter 1

Troye's pov
     Hi, my name's Troye Sivan. I'm 18. I live in Perth with my dad, I don't talk. The year I turned 13 everything went to shit. My dad lost his job and became an abusive drunk, my mum is too scared of my dad to do anything, so she might as well not even be here. I don't blame her though, if I could ignore my dad I would . I had a little brother Tyde, but he ran away when he turned 15. I don't feel sorry for myself now that I'm alone. I'm glad he got out. I don't go to school anymore because I'm mute and that usually means people would always make fun of me and beat me up, so I dropped out.
     I guess I should talk about my parents. My mum isn't home a lot. She works so she doesn't have to see my dad yell and scream at me. There's not much to say about her. My dad stays home all day, unless he's at the bar. He will come home and yell at me, sometimes he hits me, most of the time he just yells and tells me how worthless I am because I don't talk.
     Sometimes I'll just leave and go to a coffee shop a few blocks down. That's really the only time I can think straight. At the coffee shop, I try to focus on the music they play, I consider it my safe haven.

~ Thanks for reading the first chapter, I know it was shit but it'll get better I promise.~ Shaylea