"Carter?" I heard my name and my head snapped up to see Ashton's silhouette through the shower curtain.

"Sorry, I knocked but you didn't answer. Are you okay?" He asked.

"No." I croaked out.

"Do you mind if I..." He trailed off and I said yes.

Slowly he pulled back the curtain, a towel in hand and a concerned look on his face.

"Baby." He frowned and handed me the towel. I wrapped it around me and took the hand he was offering me.

He shut off the water while I adjusted my towel.

"Let's get you dressed." He led me back to my room and rummaged through my drawers for some underwear, sweatpants, a bra and a tee.

Politely, he turned away while I changed and joined me on the bed once he heard me sit down.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked.

"I don't know how I'm going to do this." I shrugged slightly. "It's hard enough with just me and Ender, and now there's going to be another mouth to feed, another person to buy clothes for, another person to get in school and take to doctors appointments and buy birthday and Christmas presents for...I don't even know where she's going to sleep."

Our backs were to the wall underneath the window and his arm was across my shoulders, my head leaning on his chest.

"You don't have to do this alone." He said softly. "I want to help you."

"Ashton, I can't do the whole paying for my bills thing now." I sighed.

"That's not what I meant." He nudged my head with his nose. "I want to help you in any way you want me to."

"Okay." I whispered and closed my eyes.

"Am I in way over my head?"

"You're going to be okay. Everything always has a way of working out."

"Yeah." I breathed.

"I have faith in you, Car. You're going to be a great guardian to that little girl."

"I hope so."

We stayed like that for a little while longer until he convinced me to get up so we could go downstairs to eat.

"Did you decide what you wanted for dinner?" Ashton asked Ender and he perked up from his spot on the sofa where he was watching tele with Calum.

"Oh yeah, can we have tacos?"

"Sure. I'll get started." I smiled and made my way to the kitchen to find all of the ingredients I needed to start on dinner.

"Ender, come help me please." I called him over from the sofa and he obliged.

"Ash, Michael's on the phone." Calum stood up and started walking to the door.

"I'll be right back." Ashton squeezed my hip and followed Calum outside.

--

Ashtons P.o.V.

"We need to talk." Calum said and dialed Michaels number.

"Look man I know-"

"No! You don't know! This has gone too far!" Calum snapped at me and hit the speaker button.

"Yeah?" Michael asked.

"Is Luke in the room?" Calum sighed.

"Yeah?" Michael questioned.

"You both need to hear this." Calum said and I ran a distressed hand through my hair.

"What is it?" Luke asked and I felt horrible.

"So Carter is getting another kid. Her cousin died and Carter is the only family left." Calum said.

"Dude." Michael said forcefully. "You gotta tell her now."

"I can't tell her now! If I tell her she's going to flip out. I can't do that to her at a time like this." I exclaimed.

"How old is the kid?" Luke asked.

"It's a four year old girl." I answered.

I heard Luke exhale.

"Ashton, you are digging yourself an even bigger hole." Luke said carefully.

"Just let Gracie get here and get settled and then I'll tell her. Now is not the right time, trust me." I tried to explain.

"Gracie?" Michael asked.

"That's the little girls name." I sighed. "Guys, just bear with me a little longer. I can't do that do her right now."

"You know what this means now though. If she does end up coming to tour with us you're going to be like these kids dad, they're going to be part of your responsibility. Are you ready for that?" Calum asked.

"I am." I confirmed and he shook his head.

"Whatever, I think you're making a mistake by not telling her." Luke said.

"I know that. But I have to do what's  best for Carter and Ender, and right now, telling them who I am isn't it." I said, knowing full well that when I finally did have to tell her, the fallout was going to be even more catastrophic then I had planned.

--

Okay, heres a quick little chapter and I'll have the next one up soon!

Vote and comment as always! Much love xx -M