Nandini lowered her gaze and let out a deep breath.

She took his blazer and wore it .

--------------------------------

"Ye Baby Ananya ke liye ek chhota sa gift from our side " Navya handed over the gift box to Nandini.

"Vaise I was wondering what will Ananya call me when she grows up...Chachu aur uncle?"Cabir asked with a huge grin on his face.

"None of these" Navya took Ananya in her arms "She is my sister's daughter so she will call us Mausa Mausi" She spoke unknowingly but bit her lower lip as soon as she realised her mistake.

Suddenly there was complete silence .

"Wo...wo mera matlab...Ananya..." Navya tried to clarify but Manik intervened.

"You might be Nandini's sister but Cabir is my bro first , so Ananya will call you chachi chachi only"

Nandini and Navya heaved a sigh of relief , thankful enough that Manik didn't develop any doubts.

"Absolutely right..." Cabir spoke loudly " So lets cut the cake"

------------------------

While everyone had almost finished dinner after cake cutting was over , ananya started tapping on Nandini's chest , gesturing her to giver her feed.Though Ananya had turned one , still she was used to taking mother's feed while sleeping.

Nandini tried to give her top feed her but she was too adamant.Ananya started crying while tapping her chest again and again.

"Why is she crying?" Manik asked .

"she ...she is sleepy.Can you...can you pls ask the manager to open a room for us." Nandini looked at Navya gesturing her to favour her.

"But why do you need a room" Manik asked " We'll be going back home in a few minutes.Just give her a ride in the stroller and she will sleep"

"Wo..actually its ..its quite cold here naa..that's why" Navya ,who had understood Nandini's gestures , spoke on her behalf.

"Haan thand to hai...I think its going to rain soon" Cabir also supported them

"ohh I just love the  rain" Manik  spoke.He then took out his phone and dialled a number " Ok ,You can take her , I'll talk to the manager"

Nandini was relieved as she asked Navya to accompany her to the room.Before leaving she offered Manik to take his blazer but he refused saying that he wasn't feeling the need for it.

-------------------------

"Navya tumne ache se lock kar diya naa door" Nandini asked as she sat on the bed with Ananya who was wailing badly now.

"Nandini , I guess you should wean her off now , she has turned one now" Navya spoke as Nandini fed Ananya and slowly Ananya drifted to slumber.

"Navya I have been trying to and I have succeeded to an extent but still she needs it when she is sleepy" Nandini explained.

------------------------------------------

Nandini lifted sleeping Ananya in her arms as Manik pulled the car in the driveway.

"You take her inside , I 'll be coming in a few minutes" Manik said.

Nandini nodded and walked inside.She carefully tucked ananya in the bed so that her sleep wasn't disturbed .

Nandini removed Manik's blazer and unpinned her pallu .She was about to remove her saree when she heard the sound of the rain.

"Ohh God , it has started raining" She murmured " pata nahi manik aaye yaa nahin"