part 2 [1]

i am so lazy omfg sorry

3 years later

"bye honey! i hope you have a good day!' josh's mother exclaimed with a huge, cheesy smile on her face. her head was hanging out of the car window and her uneven bangs were covering her face.

josh muttered a reply and slammed the door. he imagined it hitting her square in mouth. she acted like nothing had happened at all and josh hated that. she couldn't even admit that she was wrong. she thought that if he "distanced himself away from his 'fag friends", it would stop him being gay. now that apparently his "gay phase had ended", he was allowed to move back to his hometown and attend his old high school. it made josh laugh everytime he remembered because it didn't change a thing, he was still hella gay.

as josh walked into the school, familar faces stared at him. josh knew they recognised him, although he had a whole new look and style. he had a new hairstyle and dyed his hair - at the moment it was red - a nose piercing and he looked way more older.

josh ignored the stares from his peers and headed into the school. he was more worried about seeing tyler. it had been so long and all josh wanted to do was hold him. sadly, despite his fantasies, josh knew he wouldn't be able to speak even one word, let alone be with tyler. he had to distance himself from tyler or josh's mum would force him to move again and he wouldn't get to see tyler ever again. it really hurt but there wasn't much else he could do.

josh entered the massive school and felt a sense a nostalgia. it had been about four years since he had last set foot in the bustling and loud building. this is where he had met tyler and figured out who he truly was. josh felt a tightening in his chest, like he was being suffocated. he felt a tickling sensation in the back of his eye. he could not cry. especially here.

josh made his way to the metal lockers. mrs jones, the principal, had called up his home to notify where his locker was. josh also needed to to visit the office to find out his classes. the slightly anxious boy emptied the contents of his bag into his locker, locked the locker behind him and made his way to the office.

people still continued to stare at josh like he was some sort of wild animal. it wasn't a big deal, he had just come back. high schoolers just love a bit of gossip.

josh reached a concrete building that he had seen just as he entered the school. he opened the double doors and entered. there was a bench-like thing where the office ladies sat, ending at the wall of some sort of room. sitting chairs were placed against the wall with a coffee table holding a school brochure on it.

there was one office lady at the desk attending another student while another woman was sitting at one of the three computers behind the bench josh stood at the bench and the lady on the computer made her way over to him. she was a middle aged woman, about 55. she looked like one of those people that always was smiling. her hair was out up into some sort of marge simpson like hairstyle. she had brown tortoise shell glasses resting on the bridge. she reminded me of one of those lovely, old librarians.

"what do you need, honey?" she smiled, looking at josh through her glasses.

"a girlfriend," josh joked. the woman and the student standing near josh chuckled. he would've said 'a boyfriend', but he's supposed to be 'straight now'. "i'm just joking but i need my class schedule. it's my first day today."

the office woman reached down to grab some sort of document containing my classes."what's your name?" she asked from behind the desk.

"josh dun," he replied. the student standing next to josh's head snapped to josh's direction. his eyes were wide with shock. josh felt that he was familiar for some reason. the boy had short, brown, messy hair and big brown eyes. he had jeans and a skeleton hoodie on.

... it was tyler.

"josh?" tyler began to move closer to him. luckily by this time the woman had the document and josh could quickly leave. fearing what tyler would do next, josh quickly muttered a 'thanks' to the woman, grabbed the paper and quickly walked out.

josh could see tyler's face in the mirror. the brown haired boy looked absolutely distraught. josh felt horrible because
if none of this happened, he would've been able to talk to tyler and not leave him in the dust like that. josh felt like a complete asshole but he didn't know what his mum would do if she found out josh interacted with tyler.