part one [10]

still havent written a new part hAHAHAH fuck...
november year 7
later that night

josh's mother paced back and forth, the wooden floorboards creaking each time she moved. josh felt a pit forming in the bottom of his stomach. he felt like he was going to throw up. he knew that this would not end well.

"what did i do wrong to deserve such a disgraceful child?" she exclaimed. this hurt josh, a lot. his mum had said and done many horrible things before but this really hurt him.

josh began to whimper, tears falling out of his eyelids. he covered his face with his hands, knowing that if he didn't, he'd have to look at his mum's ashamed frown.

"don't cry!" she scolded, shaking his shoulder, making josh cry more. "jeez, gays are so emotional. grow up," scoffing, josh's mum began pacing around the living room before taking a seat on the leather couch in front of the one josh was sitting on.

"i've made some decisions.." she trailed off, not looking at josh in the eyes. her arms were crossed and her eyebrows furrowed. josh felt as if he was going to explode. there were so many emotions crossing his mind. he didn't know how to articulate them. he felt anxious, scared, but he also still felt elated from the moments that happened earlier.

she continued. "we will be moving tommorow afternoon. i don't want you to associate and be one of those pathetic homos. no son of mine will be gay. we're going to be staying at uncle daniel's house. "

josh's heart dropped like a skydiver jumping out of a plane. he didn't want to leave tyler. "mum, please don't do this!"

"you can't change my mind. if you didn't choose to be gay none of this would've happened." anger began to burn like a fire inside of josh's stomach. being gay was not a choice. it's who he is. "now, go to your room. i don't want to see you until tommorow and i hope you think about what you have done."

josh quickly hopped out of the lounge chair and stomped to his room, leaving his eyes focused on the ground. he slammed the door shut and threw himself onto his bed. josh closed his eyes and bawled. how could his mum do this to him? what kind of mother was she?

josh had to see tyler. one last time.

with red raw eyes, josh pulled himself up of the tiny single bed and brushed off his clothes. he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. he poked his head out the door to check if his mother was still there. he couldn't see her familiar brown bob. hopefully this would be his lucky day and he wouldn't be caught.

josh tiptoed out of the room, slowly shutting the door, trying not to create noise. unfortunately - as the floor was wood - it creaked every time he took a step. josh hoped that his mum wouldn't notice. he reached the space just before the couches where there was a clear view of both the kitchen and dining room. he took another step after checking that the coast was clear.

josh heard someone clear their throat. he turned to wear the noise came from. his mother was standing in the doorway inbetween the dining and sitting room. her arms were on her hips and her head was tilted, signalling irritation.

"i knew you would try and sneak out, nice try. but i locked the door anyway. get back to your room. now." she said in such a stern tone that josh was worried she would hurt him. his mother was unpredictable most of the time.

josh solemnly walked back to his room. it now dawned on him that he would never see tyler again. and that hurt even more than his mother's harsh words.