part one [8]

may (year 7) - same day

the school bell rang, signalling recess. josh could hear the chattering and laughing of kids heading out to their lunch break. he didn't want to leave the bathroom stall and confront the entire school; but he needed to. he needed to speak to abbey.

a fiery ball of anger burned inside of josh. he was sad about the insults that were thrown at him from his classmates but he was more angry at how abbey had betrayed him. josh thought he could trust her, but i guess he couldn't. he was just so angry.

his fists clenched at his sides, josh stormed out of the stall, slamming the door behind him. he didn't care if anyone saw him in this state. it was like a huge cloud had washed over josh and he couldn't see - or concentrate - on anything else but trying to find abbey. the angry boy stomped through the hallway without looking behind him.

josh spotted abbey's other friends (who she always ditched him for) gathered around a picnic table. josh met their scared eyes with a look that could kill. he moved closer. "where is abbey?" josh asked with no emotion in his voice, towering over the small group of girls.

their eyes widened and they turned to each other, all sharing worried expressions. one of girls, alice i think, spoke up. "ah, she's right behind you."
josh turned around, and just as alice said, abbey was behind him. she was frozen in place, holding her lunch in her hand.

josh plastered a fake, wide smile onto his face. "oh hey abbey! i need to talk to you about something very important." josh didn't want to bring up anything that abbey said since he didn't know if abbey's friends had heard it yet.

josh grabbed abbey's hand and dragged her a reasonable distance away from the group of girls whispering nervously. abbey did not look nervous anymore, she was grinning and twirling a bit of her brown hair around her finger. only a few seconds ago she looked like she was going to going to be sick when she saw josh? he was confused.

"abbey what the fuck?" josh snapped, throwing his hands in the air. he immediately regretted being so loud since there were people everywhere. in this angry state, it felt like josh and abbey were the only people in the world and there would be no consequences to anything he did. "why did you tell everyone?"

abbey fluttered her eyelashes up at josh. "i have no idea what you're talking about," she replied, moving closer to the fuming boy.
"don't you dare play dumb with me! tell me why you did it!"

"josh, i'm way better than tyler. what do you see in him? he's so disgusting," josh fists clenched,his fingernails digging into his palms. "i'm so much better than him."

"don't you fucking dare say anything about him. you're the disgusting person here. and don't ever think you can be my friend after this. i can't believe you." he released his fists and stormed off from abbey.

he couldn't believe she had the nerve to say that about tyler, his tyler.

far out i'm having troubles writing again....