Ch. 4: First Lunch Experience

Well Brandon was pretty nice. I honestly can't believe he stood up for me. He is really nice, isn't he? Well, grade school was very boring. This is the part of my life that gets interesting, the teenage life.

**********

The bell just rang for the seventh grade lunch. My fourth block was ELA with Mrs. Estante. I had Brandon for that block too, sitting right across me. I wonder if he's in my last two blocks, too.

As I put a paper of the class rules into my backpack, the teacher calls our group. "Group three, you may leave," she says. "Don't forget it's lunch." I walk out of my ELA class, room 23, and I see a long line of seventh graders that want to get some lunch. I start to look around for any of my friends and my eyes land on, him. How are my eyes always landing on him?

I don't know how, but he keeps walking to the same direction as mine, goes to the same or near my classes, and somehow, we make eye contact out of the nothing. I mean, how is this even possible.

*********

When I thought of that, my mind went to something else...meant to be. At that time I didn't give a dam about him, but then came spring break and I felt something I never felt before. Then, I thought that it could be possible that we were meant to be, but she happened.

*********

Tanny hugged me out of the nothing. We laughed at the fact that we almost fell. Violet, Gitty, and Nela were behind Tanny laughing with us. "Violet, you were supposed to come early," I said between laughs. I see someone behind her, standing, smiling at me.

At the sight of him, I froze. I couldn't move, I couldn't talk. I couldn't believe it was him. Everyone came closer to me, lost to what had happened to me. "Alsha, you okay," Violet asks. I point to him, walking away, "M-m," was all I could say. My friends look to where I was pointing at, "What are you pointing at," Gitty asks. "Mark," I yell, stopping everyone from what they were doing, including him. "What," Nela says. I push my friends out of my way and start to run towards him. "Mark," I yell.

My friends run towards me, starting to pull me away. I blink once, just once, and I lost him. "No! Mark! Where the hell did you go," I yell. "Alsha, there's no one there," Violet says. "There is, there was. I saw him," I tell them.

I finally lighten a little, letting my friends pull me with no problem. "I can't believe you're extremely skinny and is still able to pull us with you," Tanny says, sitting me down on a table behind me. "Now why won't you tell us what you saw," Tanny says. I look at her, helplessly, "Mark, a boy one year older than me," I start, "I said goodbye two years ago because I was moving schools, back to Cesar Chavez. He was the first friend I made when I moved to the school he was at. We did a lot together in just a little amount of time," I pause.

My friends sit around me, worry visible in their eyes. "We told eachother so many things, secrets, thoughts, private things, home problems, everything," I continue. "Then, his sister had died and he started treating my like a sister himself. It took me a while but I too, started treating him like a brother. He stayed at my house most of the times until I had to say goodbye. That day, he said that he should no longer be alive..."

**********

2 years ago...

"I should no longer be alive anymore," he says in tears. I put his hands on mine, "No, you are here for a reason," I say, near tears. I hug him and let him cry in my shoulder. "I'll miss you," I say. "I know you will...because you will never see me again," he pushes me towards my big brother's arms. He sticks a knife out, "W-what are you doing," I say. My brother pulls me into a car. "Goodbye," he says. "No!"

**********

"From the on, I never saw him again. I don't even know what happened. I was sick that day and I fainted as soon as I was pushed into the car." My friends look at me, surprise at the fact that I act sane after what happened that day. "He lost everything. His mom left him, he ever met his dad, lost his little sister, abused by his older brother, and then he lost me."

Tanny holds me from my shoulders, "Wouldn't that mean that he is dead by now," she asks. I look up at her, "No, i-i saw him." "You probably imagined him," Violet says. "That's impossible, I wasn't thinking about him. I was thinking of..." "Of what," Nela asks. "Something else, but not him." Gitty looks at me, seeming impatient. "What," I say. "Im hungry." I laugh, "Then let's get in line to go eat."

**********

Its funny how I make situations like that seem like nothing happened. I've done this since I was little, I've just needed it a lot.

I felt like a was being watched the whole time that day. Not by the people who saw me looking crazy, but by someone else. Many questions came up to my mind: Is he still alive? Did he really kill himself? Did he want to disappear from my life? Does Zach know about this.....

Zach!

----------

Horrible first lunch of the school year. What do you think happened? Was it part of the plan? Did he want to disappear from her life? Read to find out. Now tell me, what do you think? Got any ideas? Do you have any questions? If you do, comment and I'll answer. Like, follow, and add to library if you want. ENJOY!!