Cloud 9

"Hey, Michael. It's me, Y/N." You say into the phone, your hand tightly gripping the device between your ear and hand.

"Ugh, hey?" His words come out more of a question, and you start to think that phoning him was crossing the line. You hear a door open and then shut, Michael's voice coming through the speaker once more. "Y/N, why are you phoning me?"

You bite down onto your lip, looking around the cafe you're currently sitting at, trying to work your reason in your head. "Ugh, Matt and I broke up." You get straight to the point.

"Oh. I'm sorry?" Again, his words come out more of a question.

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to meet at the cafe we used to hang out at all the time? For old times sake."

"For old times sake, huh?" Knowing Michael, he's probably smiling. You missed his smile. You missed him. You hated Matt for scaring Michael away when you first started dating him. Matt was always overprotective, jealous, insecure and controlling. You had guy friends? You had to unfriend them. You were talking to a guy? He got jealous and accused you of cheating. It became far too much for you, so you ended things. He didn't take it easy, though. Constantly telling you he'll change, and that he loves you. But you were no fool. He won't change, and he definitely does not love you. The first thing you do after calling things off with him is go straight to the cafe you and your old best friend used to always go to and call him. Matt hated Michael with a passion, and told him to stay away from you or bad will come his way. Michael listened.

"Yeah." You smile to yourself, knowing he'll say yes to meeting you.

"Well I'm dog-sitting for Calum, right now. So you can come to mine and then we can go to the cafe after. If you want?" Relief washed over your body knowing he wants to see you. You were panicking before calling him in case he said no.

"Great. See you soon."

"Bye, Y/N." Michael ends the call, and you pay for your hot beverage you paid for and head toward Michael's home. He lived about a 15 minute walk from the cafe, and by the time you could see his apartment complex, your fingers were cold, nose numb and your nerves sky-high. You had no idea why you were so nervous to see him. You hadn't spoke to him in nearly 2 months but you didn't think you'd be so nervous to see him after all that time.

You climb up the two set of stairs to Michael's home, overthinking what the heck you's are going to do until Calum picks up his dog. You stand outside his door, licking your lips before knocking three times onto the white hard wood door. You stare at the number 12 that's nailed into his door as you patiently wait. The door opens about ten seconds later, Michael's tall frame coming to site. He looked amazing dressed in grey sweats and a simple white shirt. His little tummy noticeable. His hair is now blue, the last time you seen him it was jet black.

He smiles as you look back up to his face, and you feel heat rising at your cheeks. He honestly looked amazing.

"Hi." You choke out, coughing awkwardly as he waves at you with a smile.

"Hey, come in." He moves out the way, letting you step into his home and the usual smell of Michael's favourite (and yours, but he doesn't know that) aftershave lingers in the air. He leads you toward his sitting room, the door closed. He places his hand onto the door handle and faces you, his eyes wide.

"Cojo is in here." He says, licking his lips.

"Okay." Michael opens the sitting room door, a small brown furred dog runs straight toward you, his tail waggling excitedly at the sight of you. You've only met Cojo one or twice, and he's grown much bigger since the last time you seen him.