First Time (part II)

A couple of people wanted me to write a part two for First Time so here it is :-)

*

The atmosphere surrounding Michael and yourself wasn't exactly uncomfortable where you wanted to leave as fast as you possibly could move, it was more along the lines of silence, the type of silence which was okay to be around, but also awkward because you didn't know what to say.

Your mind was like a bunch of hyper kids in a playground, your thoughts running crazy at everything that happened not even ten minutes ago. Michael hadn't said a word. He's currently sat up on the mattress, his head in his hands as he thinks. His back is exposed to you, his spine noticeable from his leaning position. The covers cover his bottom half as they're wrapped around your body like a cozy cocoon. You continue to stare at the back of Michael for God knows how long, wanting him to at least say something-- anything.

His bedroom door opens suddenly, your grip on the bedsheets tightening around your body as a man you've never seen appears at the doorway, his hair wet as it drips down his forehead. Michael looks up at the door, and you can notice the muscles on his back tensing as whats-his-name stares between the both of you's.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I should have knocked." The man stutters over his words, away to close the door before Michael speaks up.

"No, it's fine. Is everything okay?"

The man who still needs to be named continues to stare between the both of you, before he finally responds to Michael's question. "Ugh, yeah. I know I'm a tech guy and all but I need help with the TV." He awkwardly laughs as Michael nods his head, a small smile forming on his lips.

"Okay, give me two minutes and I'll be down." The man nods, closing the door gently, leaving Michael and you alone in silence once again.

Michael stays in his sitting position as he leans over to the side of the bed to pick up his boxers from the floor, sliding them up his legs and over his butt before he stands up and stretches. He turns around and looks at you, an unreadable expression on his face.

"I'll be back in ugh... two minutes. You can, like, sleep here if you want." He shrugs his shoulders as he walks to the door.

"Michael." You say as he opens the bedroom door again, his back facing you before he looks over his shoulder. "Thank you." He only nods as he closes the bedroom door, leaving you alone in his bedroom, in his bed, naked.

You can't help but think that maybe Michael is really regretting what happened. He seems off about everything. He won't look at you in the eyes, his words sound forced and it causes you to think of the worst possible outcome as you fall asleep in his bed, the smell of him the only thing relaxing you into a blissful sleep.

-

The next morning, you wake up in a flustered mess. Your skin is sticky and the room is hot as you try to stir in the bedsheets to find an arm wrapped around your stomach tightly. You instantly know who's arm it belongs to. You turn onto your back, making sure to not wake the peaceful Michael next to you. He looks cute. His hair is messily over his forehead and eyes, his mouth open a little as small snores leave his mouth. You bite your lip as you stare at the sleeping boy next to you. He stirs in his sleep, his grip on your stomach tightening as he pulls you closer to him, his face nuzzling into your neck. When he exhales, his breath tickles your neck, causing a shiver to run down your body. Why were you feeling like this? You and Michael have shared a bed multiple times, but this time around it's just... different.

That's when it hits you. Like full-blown hits you, a cold wave of realisation punching you in the gut. It can't be that hard to realise that you've obviously fallen for your best-friend. It makes total sense to you now. Why else would you just want your best-friend to take your innocence from you? You like him. Like, like like him. And you never even noticed these feelings until now. This is the one thing you said to Michael last night that would not happen. Well, fuck. Look at you now.