Chapter 53

Summer's POV:

"WHAT?!" Ali-Nooh yelled, the panic evident in his voice. We all turned to look at the door and smoke was already rolling into the room.

We all looked at each other and Ali-Nooh ran to his toture chamber (joint to the room) and pulled out a hammer. Yes, twisted Ibrahim nailed his fingers down.
I shuddered as Uncle Rasool began to smash the huge lock that kept the chain around my wrist.

10 minutes later, Uncle insisted he saw a dent and now, the air was clouding of smoke. I coughed and covered my mouth with my cardigan. Ali was coughing uncontrollably as he studied the window.
"It'll be tight but we can *cough* make it out through here."

The air is getting thicker. Cough. Everyone's wheezing. Cough. Black smoke. Black dots. Cough. Blurry vision. Hammering sound. Head hurting. Cough. Almost... passed out...

"IT'S BROKEN!" I looked down and the lock was smashed and my sore wrist free. Ali-Nooh threw his jacket at me and relieved, I covered my mouth.
The air was thick with smoke and it was getting hard to see. Suddenly, I dropped to the floor and Uncle Rasool and Ali-Nooh rushed towards me.

Ali-Nooh's POV:

Summer dropped to the floor and we rushed over to her. I picked her up, then, half carrying, half dragging, still trying to block out the smoke, I ran to the window.

Dad smashed the window with the hammer and Summer gasped, eyes open, taking in the air.
We all heard a crackle and turned around. Flames were making their way towards us.

My throat was dry and as Dad continued trying to smash the window, I concentrated on the weak Summer in my arms.
"You'll be alright." I croaked. She blinked her grey eyes.
"Okay." She whispered back.
Her eyes were closing.
"Allah save us." My heart broke as she started reciting the first Kalimah.

SMASH!
We all looked at the window and there was a tiny space for us to make it out...

Dun, dun, dun...
Opinions?
Also, thank you AASIAkhalif for being awesome. Popy reminded me to dedicate this to you.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Bye x