Chapter 9

----- Edited -----
Summer's POV:

Today's Aniqa's engagement to Arif. Woow! Those two are so cute. I only wish I can be as cute and happy as them someday. I wish I can find love. Ew.
Seeing as I'm not exactly the most stylish person, Samiyaah picked out my dress.

It's a long dark purple silk English dress. Arif is half white and half Lebanese so the engagement is honouring his Mother's side.

My dress is similar to Aniqa's sister's dress but not the same because as much as I love the kid, she's not my sister.
I slipped on some gold high heels and even put on some make-up. God, the things I do for Aniqa.

"Summer, you look gorgeous, Mashallah! I can't wait until it's your actual engagement!" My mum exclaimed. I laughed to please her and got in the car. They were holding their engagement in a small hall about 20 minutes from home.

After 26 minutes of being nudged in the rib by my very annoying little brother, Fareed and my other annoying brother Musa, we finally got there.

I RAN up to the stage where they were taking pictures. Big mistake seeing as I'm wearing heels. I fell halfway there. I heard a few chuckles and mentally facepalmed my face. I couldn't actually seeing as my face was currently kissing the wooden floor.

"Summer, are you okay?" A familiar voice said, helping me up.
"Yep, I'm totally fine." I replied to a concerned looking Ali-Nooh.

After taking one million selfies and talking to Aniqa, I was exhausted. And emotional. I got up and slowly walked to the toilet. I wiped off my small amount of make-up and sniffed. I swear I'm inhuman.

As much as I love my family, I don't feel love for anyone else. I'm scared that even after I get married I won't be able to love properly. I always feel empty. Like there's a hole in my heart. When will it ever be filled?

"Summer, are you okay?" I saw Ali-Nooh watching me from outside the door.
"Yeah, yeah, of course, I'm fine." I said giving a weak smile.
"No you're not." He said softly.

His green eyes were welcoming. I wanted to tell him but I'm ashamed of my lack of love for anyone, I'm ashamed I'll never feel love. There are few people I'm totally carefree around and Ali is one of those people.

Ali-Nooh's POV:

"I'm just a bit lonely. I mean, sometimes I feel empty because ofthe lack of love I feel for others." I nodded. I totally understood. In the opposite way. Is that a thing?

Should I tell her? Yes, she's one of the few people I feel happy around. Summer.
"I feel like that. Because of the lack of love others have for me." She looked at me wide-eyed.

"You mean you're parents, don't you, Ali?" She said, hesitantly.
"Partly."
"Come on, let's go, before Aniqa murders us!" I laughed and followed her.

So, ship name is apparently #sumali. I like it. Slightly longer chapter. And a mini sali moment. Also mega thank you to Prude_and_proud and sabrinali369 for their comments and support. Bye x