Chapter 17

Berlin

(Image above is Max's crazy ass self)

WARNING. THIS CHAPTER MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME READERS.

After the worst and probably last breakfast I was ever going to have, Max dragged my still-stunned body to a lavish bedroom, which I guessed belonged to him due to the large, narcissistic 'M's carved into the wood of almost everything he owned. From the four-poster bed to the lamp which sat on an engraved bedside table, they were all inscribed with the same letter. The sight was so unsettling that I began to worry that he would carve the initial into me next. After all, I wouldn't be surprised in the least after "meeting" his collection of dead people. 

When Max first told me to call Osias with his phone, I was utterly confused at his motive was behind it. It was obvious that he didn't plan on giving me up anytime soon, but I didn't dare ask him why he chose to do it. Maybe he really was crazy to the point where he didn't wrap his head around the fact that I could be found much easier if he contacted the one person that I knew wanted me back the most. 

Even so, I couldn't help but cry when I heard the sound of his voice from across the phone line. It didn't make me happy like I thought that it would, but actually made my heart feel as if it was being tugged from my chest string by string. With every word that Osias spoke in his deep, velvety voice, I felt myself breaking down even more. By the end of the phone call I felt so broken and helpless that I contemplated begging Max to just end me, but of course I didn't.

I wouldn't end the life of my perfect little baby growing inside of me before they even get to experience it. If anything I would fight to the death for them, my only ray of happiness in a place that was nothing but hell. 

For the past few hours I was curled up in a little ball on the floor, my hands stroking the tiny bump my tummy gently as I whispered soothing words to my growing pup. I told them outlandish stories of princes and princesses, and all about their daddy, the amazing Alpha Osias. I whispered words of love to them as well, allowing the ghost of a smile to grace my lips when I introduced myself as their mommy, one that would always cherish and love them to the fullest. The thought of Osias and I's pup electrified me in such a pleasurable way, jump-starting my will to live when I was at my lowest. 

My head snapped up when the door whipped open to reveal a shirtless Max. I winced at the sight of him, his entire body covered in a red substance that I instantly recognized as blood. It was mostly in his light brown hair, creating dark clumps in some places that dripped onto his face and chest. However despite his lethal appearance, his lips held the same gaily morbid smile that sent white-hot fear throughout my body. 

"Well don't you look absolutely fetching!" he took no time in walking over to my spot on the floor and crouching down, carelessly prying my hands from my naked tummy and replacing them with his own bloody ones . I had to force back the tears that welled up in my eyes when he touched such an important place on my body. I wanted to shove him as far away as possible and make sure he never touched me again, but I knew that doing such a thing would only anger him and probably end with even more criss-crossing lashes across my back. 

I couldn't help the one tear that escaped my right eye when I saw his expression. It was purely malicious and obsessive, not a hint of positivity to be found amongst the evil that glinted in his eyes. Max let out a sardonic laugh when he saw the lone tear, leaning over to lick it off of my skin. I shivered at the action, but not at all in a pleasurable way.