Chapter 14

Berlin

(Image above is Osias!)

"Dinner first, kitten." Osias lightly scolded, quickly but gently snatching the lengthy desert menu from my fingertips. Although I knew that he was only looking out for me and my sensitive tummy, I couldn't help the cravings that I felt after reading list of chocolaty deserts. So instead of listening to him like a good boy, I pouted heavily, crossing my arms and poking my bottom lip out for added effect as he hid the menu from me underneath the fancy table cloth.

It's been three days and two nights since we set out on our "pack bonding getaway", as it was officially branded. Much to my dismay, after the pack beach party Osias became swamped with work and it seemed as if he had a new meeting to go to every hour or so. I was happy at first, because he said that the meetings were confidential and therefore I wouldn't be able to attend them. However, after the first couple of hours I felt myself missing the warmth of my mate's touch so much that became a habit to wrap my arms around my own waist when I felt especially lonely. Even then, the gesture felt empty compared to the safety and fullness that my heart experiences when I'm all wrapped up in Osias's muscle-packed arms.

To make matters even worse, during one of his meetings it felt like I was hit by a desert wind as my Heat hit me full-force once again. Of course, at the scent of my heightened pheromones Osias came to me immediately and fucked me into oblivion, but even then he had to head right back to work after I was sated.

Hannah and Brook tried their best to entertain me, which usually consisted of dragging me to all of the pack bonding events, but even then I felt lonely. What's the point of a "pack bonding getaway" without the Alpha present during the supposed "pack bonding"? Callie tried to help me feel better as well, but she seemed more preoccupied since the day at the beach since she was training to become the pack medical assistant. I didn't mind though, as they were my first real friends and I'd do practically anything for them. 

But thankfully, Osias's meetings abruptly stopped in the early evening today and he decided to take me out for dinner at this incredibly fancy restaurant. I was practically buzzing with joy as we drove, unable to keep myself from staring out of the window and asking Osias if every restaurant we passed was our destination. I could tell that he'd been amused at my actions from the smirk on his face, but even then my giddy smile just wouldn't go away. I was just that happy to be spending time with him after he spent so much time in 'confidential' meetings without me. 

I reluctantly looked through the dinner menu carefully after giving up my childish pout, dragging my index finger down the seemingly endless options until one happened to catch my attention. "O-oh!" I yelped out softly, smiling sheepishly across the table at Osias as I turned the menu to him and pointed to my meal of choice. 

Osias raised an eyebrow. "You want the Fettuccine Alfredo?"

I nodded at his question, remaining quiet as he put in our order with the waiter. It made my blood boil when she looked at Osias, puffing out her chest a little and twirling her hair around her finger, but I just remained quiet, tore my eyes away from the sight, and folded my small hands in my lap. 

When the waiter sauntered away with a bit too much sway in her hips, I could feel Osias's eyes boring into my forehead. I squirmed in my seat from the intensity of his gaze, trying to ignore my Omega instincts which were screaming at me to get away from an Alpha who could beat me to a pulp with a blink of an eye. I knew better, Osias wouldn't hurt me, but it didn't make me feel any less uncomfortable and awkward as he watched me like a hawk.