Chapter 16

Berlin

(Image above is cute little Berlin!)

I ran my tongue across my lips for what felt to be the thousandth time in a desperate attempt to moisten the deep cracks. I don't know when I was last given water or food, my stomach stopped growling days ago. It wasn't me I was worried about though, my mind was consumed with the little bundle of joy that was growing inside of me. Although I'd slowly began to give up any hope of rescue, my baby was the one thing that reminded me that I can't just think of myself anymore. I'd never allow myself to die knowing that I took the life of Osias and I's child with me. 

I'm going to be a mommy, and it's time I started thinking like one. 

"Ouchie..." A pain-filled whimper escaped my lips as I tried to shift my position on the dirty floor, the cold cement digging into the slowly healing lashes that went across my back. When Max found out about me carrying he put a stop to the whippings and physical torture, but the mental torture of knowing if my baby was going to be safe or not overpowered anything he could ever do to me. 

It's hard to believe that this evil man is the same mate that I used to worship and love with all of my being. The same man that I was depressed about for over five months. It makes me feel like poo that I ever let the memory of him get between my relationship with Osias. 

My eyes shifted to the door as I heard the latch being undone from the outside, a flutter of fear piercing through my tummy at the familiar sound as I wondered what was in store for me this time. My arms unconsciously wrapped around my stomach in a protective manner as I curled up in a ball, ignoring the stab of pain in my back. Heavy, uneven footfalls trailed from the door until I sensed a presence in front of me, although I didn't dare to look up.

"Princess! Rise and shine!" Max's cheerful voice filled my ears, and I winced at the artificial happiness that it conveyed. Anyone with a brain would be able to tell that anything he says isn't genuine in the least. 

When I didn't move from my spot, Max's heavy boot met my ribs in a harsh kick. I coughed out in pain, as my throat was much too dry to scream, but wasted no time in gathering up whatever energy I could to push my weak body up to a sitting position. I wouldn't want him to kick my stomach next. 

"Oh good, You're already awake!" he chuckled with a giant smile on his face as if he hadn't just kicked me hard enough to bruise pretty badly. "We're getting married in three days time, so you have to meet the parents!" I blanched as he finished, staring up at him with an incredulous look that he somehow took as a one of excitement.

Married?

He's got to be joking. 

"I knew you'd be excited, princess! Now, lets go. Hurry the fuck up." he grumbled in a sudden change of mood, yanking my naked body up from the floor by my arm. I stumbled to my feet, falling forward suddenly when my atrophied muscles protested to the sudden movement. Max screamed out in anger, and before I knew it he'd thrown me over his shoulder. I couldn't even protest against the action with my body being so weak. Sometimes I wish that I at least tried to build up some type of muscle like my brothers, but alas, my small body was definitely not made for bodybuilding. 

I closed my eyes in defeat while Max dragged me down a long hallway before turning to the right and into a room of some sort. I didn't open my eyes at first, but the putrid smell that invaded my nostrils almost forced my eyes to open. With my first glance around the room, I didn't sense anything wrong about the area except for Max's presence, of course.