Chapter 2

Osias

(Image above is of Osias)

Damn, I'm sore, I thought to myself, rubbing my shoulder muscles with a grimace. The stress of absorbing this pack into my own was taking a toll on both my mental and physical well being. The fact that I have yet to mate to help rid me of at least a small amount of stress only adds to my distress. I can't think of another Alpha that has ever dealt with this much shit after less than a year of having this title, but my Father decided that it was a perfect time to pass the torch to me.

Asshole.

I glanced out of the large window to the side of my desk, my light blue eyes lazily trailing from the orange-purple of the evening sunset to the long line of cars waiting to enter the gate of the pack house. I let out a deep growl of frustration at the idea that all of these new members who I barely know would be joining my pack. Infiltrating my family.

"Sam, call a construction company. We are going to need to expand the pack house as soon as possible." I spoke, my deep voice causing my assistant to jump in her seat from across the room and look over at me with wide eyes.

"I thought that we decided they would just take all of the extra rooms to spare the expense?..." she replied, her tone laced with confusion. I simply rolled my eyes and snapped my head towards her, my eyes flashing a bright gold with irritation.

"I changed my damn mind. You are my assistant, not my advisor. Do as I say, and don't bitch about it." I growled out in my Alpha voice, clenching my jaw and standing up to my full height of 6'5'. It pissed me off when those underneath me didn't do as I told them. You could say I have a slight anger issue.

In the midst of my rage, I quickly left the room, slamming the large mahogany door behind me before walking down a small hallway to my room in the Alpha's wing of my pack house. Upon arrival I lifted my hand, flipping the light switch on the wall and almost sighed in euphoria as the familiar sight of grey walls and my king sized bed was before me, but even the warmth of my oversized bedroom was not enough to calm me down. I walked over to my closet with an annoyed groan, hastily pulling my shirt over my head before glancing at the clock on my wall.

Fuck. Thirty minutes, I thought as I glanced around my walk-in closet for anything that I could wear to this ceremony. After a few minutes of rummaging around, I settled on a simple outfit of a fitted, black tank top, black jeans and black timberland boots. It wasn't anywhere near fancy, but it would have to do for the time being. Turning to the full-length mirror on one side of my closet, I lazily mussed my hair into a messy style before giving up on it and walking back out to the hallway, passing my office and opening the door that separates the Alpha's wing from the rest of the pack house.

"Alpha, we need to get down to the ballroom or we'll be late. I've been waiting for you." Said a voice next to me before I could even take one step into the hallway. Upon turning my head, my lips pull up into a crooked smirk as my eyes land on my Beta and best friend, Ortiz. He's slightly shorter than me with bright green eyes and a shock of black hair atop his freckled face.

"Shut up, fucker." I chuckle deeply, a small amount of my stress dissolving from me as I loosen up. "I'm going down now. I'm honestly just not in the mood for interaction with these new members just yet." I finish, rubbing my temples and falling into step beside him as we head towards the grand ballroom. He let out a short laugh before shaking his head at my comment.