Chapter 9

Osias

(Image above is of Corey!)

I hate cooking, and I always have. So, why did I find myself in the kitchen at the ass crack of dawn, whipping up some grub? The answer was simple. I would never allow my beloved to wake up hungry. Ever since the day that he finally began to accept me, he has been waking every morning with a powerful appetite. That means, if I do not get something into that stomach of his within twenty minutes of him waking, he turns from the sweet, timid, and quiet Angel that I love, to an angry, pouty mess. In other words, he became a grade 'A' grump

Although Berlin desperately tried to hide it from me for the past couple of days, it would take an idiot not to know that he was still unsure about our relationship. Behind his soft-spoken and passive exterior, I could tell that he was struggling something great. At a tug-of-war with himself, and I could not exactly tell which side was winning. So, I opted for the next best thing, to smother my little mate with as much love, support, and care as I could until he was able to stabilize himself.

When I said that I would wait forever, I meant it. 

'Beep! Beep!'

I cursed underneath my breath at the smoke detector as I hurried to open a couple of windows, turning off the stove as well before grumbling underneath my breath at the sight of the eggs that I attempted to scramble, now a charred mess and stuck to the pan. I suppose that's what I get for drifting off into my thoughts and not paying attention to the matter at hand.

After disposing of the soiled eggs and finally getting the smoke detector to shut the fuck up, my head whipped up at the sound of small feet 'pitter-pattering' on the hardwood of my Alpha Wing. Dammit, I knew that the loud ass smoke detector would wake him up. 

However, my anger quickly dissolved at the sight of my Angel, yawning and stretching in one of the large sweatshirts that he always carries around, his blonde hair an adorable disaster on top of his head. Wasting no time at all, I walked over to him as he sniffed the air and turned his little button nose up in disdain. 

"Ew... What happened in here? I-It smells bad." he giggled softly to himself, meeting me halfway across the kitchen floor. I immediately embraced him tightly, my nose traveling slowly down the side of his neck as I growled playfully. 

"I made your breakfast, but the eggs decided to burn themselves." I grumbled out, savoring the feeling of holding my mate in my arms before he would pull away, as he always did. "But thankfully, the orange juice and toast are still salvageable." 

As if on cue, Berlin untangled himself from my hold and shook his head at my explanation as he walked over to the barstools, hoisting his tiny body into one of the high-sitting chairs. I very reluctantly allowed him to do so, knowing that his comfort is much more important than my selfish instincts. 

Berlin smiled at me and rested his elbows on the counter, pursing his pink lips and cocking his head to the side curiously. "I'm beginning to think that you have zero skills in the kitchen." he teased, biting his bottom lip softly with another painfully adorable giggle.

"But we have fucking amazing skills in bed" muttered York inside of my mind with a deeply offended tone. I rolled my eyes at his stupid antics before shutting him out of my consciousness once again. That bastard needs to get used to the fact that he can't be a horny jackass whenever he is around Berlin in his human form. Whatever he chooses to say about Berlin's wolf isn't my business, but Berlin's human is mine, and mine only.