The got damn phone was gone.

"Fuck!" I yelled to no one in particular. I suddenly went on a rampage around my room, ripping through drawers and boxes trying to locate the phone. The phone that was the biggest puzzle piece, and probably the answer to everything. My breathing picked up and I felt my eyes go damp as I finished checking every inch of my room. How could I be so careless? What if someone found it and looked through it?

Eric? Mom? Did they have it?

What would happen now that I did not have it? All these questions hitting me and angering me-Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

As I collapsed on my bed and wiped furiously at my eyes, my door was thrown open and to my surprise my mother stood glaring at me in the door way. I immediately tried to recall anything I've done recently for her to be upset.

Did she ask me to do something? No.

Did I leave an empty juice carton? Maybe.

What's today's date? What's today's- Oh.

I widened my eyes slightly and forced a small smile on my face. "H-hey mom." My stutter was not helping my fake innocence. She would see through my act and know I knew. And Oh-did I know.

"Down stairs. Now!" She seethed and left.

"I'm not your slave woman." I mutter.

"Now!"

I nearly jumped out of my skin at the sound of her vicious voice. Did she hear me from downstairs? I quickly jumped to my feet and rushed down the stairs into the kitchen. Hell's Kitchen.

My bare feet quickened their steps when they came into contact with the cold marble floor. I sat down at the kitchen island folded my hands. Instantly an envelope dropped on the counter in my line of sight. Dammit. I physically winced when I looked back up at my mom's heated gaze.

Report card.

"Do you want to try to explain or should I just get right into punishments and yelling?" Her sickly calm voice made my body shrink down in regret and fear.

"I don't know, Mom. I've been so stressed out lately, school has just slipped."

"Stressed?" She groaned and looked at me with less threatening eyes. "Jamie, listen. I know this school year has been really...eventful for you. But you literally go to college in just a few months, you cannot just black out right now. You will mess up your future. I can't believe your grades dropped so much-," Her voiced slightly raised but she bit her lip and held back her next words.

"You are not getting off of this easily just because of stress. You're on punishment."

My head nods in agreement, dreading the consequences but not ready to go against mother's fury.

"No going out." Damn.

"Okay."

"No phone-for a week." Shit.

"Okay."

"No car." Son of a-

"Okay."

Mom's eyes squinted at me, analyzing my calm and accepting demeanor. Clearly she wanted a bigger reaction out of me, but right now I just didn't want her to yell at me; She gets scary.

"And...No, no ice cream."

"What!? Mom!" I shout out and sit up straighter in my seat.

"That's better." She smiles evilly. "You can have ice cream next week." She sends me a smile and a wave and begins walking out the kitchen. "And get your damn grades up Jamie!" She hollers before turning the corner and leaving.