A New Beginning

After 7 hours of driving, my sister and I met my parents at a Holiday Inn. I was stressed, tired, and sad. It was just this random sadness that came over me. Maybe it's because I just left my best friends, only friends ever. I thought to myself while getting out of the car.

"Hey, Alex" Emily said with worry in her voice.

"Yeah?" I replied

"I don't want to move. I wanna stay in California where everyone we know is." Emily said with a sad look in her eye.

"Everything will be ok, trust me. Maybe you can visit your friends when I visit mine!"

I said while kneeling down to her.

"Ok. And one more thing." She replied.

"What?" I said.

"I'm not tired. It's 2am and we have absolutely no idea where we are." She said with a smile.

"At least try to go to sleep ok?" I said while walking into the hotel.

We entered our room and flopped on the bed. I stared at the ceiling for an hour, my eyes drooping shut.
     I wake up the next morning to my mother's voice telling us it's time for breakfast. I get out of bed slowly and slip on my black uggs and put my long tangled hair into a bun. Our whole family runs downstairs and eats quickly so we can get on the road again.

"We have about two days left of driving." My mother announced to all of us.

"Absolutely perfect...." I mumbled to myself.

After breakfast we head upstairs and pack our bags. We check out and headed into our cars for another two days of driving.