My First Day Back

I lay there

On my bathroom floor

Sobbing

I just want everything to end, but if it won't end I'll just end it myself.

I'll give it a week

Tomorrow I go back to school. I would rather stay home and take care of Megan and Drew.
I finally stop crying and peel myself off the floor. I bring the towel with me to my bed. I lay down and shut my eyes. It takes a long time, but I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the next morning. I'm freezing. I uncover the towel to reveal the wound. I sit up in bed and look around. I place my feet on the cold floor and walk to my closet. I pick my uniform out from the back of my closet and put it on along with my sweatshirt. I walk to the bathroom and brush out my hair. I put it into a messy bun. I don't out on makeup. I have no one to impress anymore.

I run outside to my car and get in. I play my music and pull out of my driveway.

It's my first day back as a senior. Before I walk into the school I stop in my steps

"What about the trip to California? Drew and I.... Were supposed to go...."

Tears fill my eyes but I wipe them away fast. I walk into the school looking down. Hoping no one will say anything, man I was wrong.

"Slut!"
I hear one kid project.
They keep coming
"Hoe!"
"How 'bout some fun tonight!"
"I want kids too!"
They just keep coming. They won't stop. I run to Cayce and she stands up and hugs me. I cry on her shoulder.

In every period there's at least one person who makes fun of me.

Until 7th period.

A crowd of people surround me and hug me.

My true friends

Kyle especially. I can see the hurt in his eyes.

"It'll be ok..." I say looking at him while we both have tears streaming down our faces. We pull into a tight hug.
All my friends feel sympathy and I tell them everything is ok. When honestly I'm broken inside.
I glance over at Drew's desk. I can't handle myself.

I break down into tears. And I just fall to the floor. Kyle and Cayce pick me up and hug me tight. They walk me over to my desk, which is right next to his.

I think back to when it all started. When Drew and I first met. It was all because of Cayce.
If she didn't introduce me to him, my life would've been totally different. If I had the chance to go back in time, I wouldn't change a thing. Well, besides Drew getting killed, I wouldn't change a thing.

I sit in my desk and look around at all of my friends. The people I have missed, the people who bully me, and the people whom I've de-friended.

Today I actually pay attention in English. No need to flirt, or impress anyone. No need to do anything but learn. I react to the occasional jokes and strikes that come from Kyle and his friends. Drew's old friends.

After the bell rings I rush out of the school. I don't want to, but I go over to the wall. I say hi to people and some give me sympathy. I leave when the comments come. Cayce runs after me. 
"Hey! Alex! You ok?" She projects
"No! I'm NOT ok! My life has been suckish and no one has been here for me! Besides you!" I scream as tears pour out of my eyes.

Cayce walks over. I catch my breath as she brings up the sleeve to my sweatshirt, revealing the scars.

"Alex......" She looks up at me with tears in her eyes. I turn my head away so I didn't have to look at her. She pulls me into a tight hug. We sit there. For a long time. We finally part and she gets into her car. I climb into mine.

I drive away.

Far away.

But the texts keep coming

Whore

Slut

Bitch

Hoe

They won't stop. They keep coming. From unknown numbers and people I used to be close with.

I stop at CVS before going home. I walk in and go towards the isle with the medicine. I slowly walk towards the painkillers and pick them up. I walk towards the cashier and pay for them.

To save for later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know! It took me so long to update! Over a week and I'm so sorry!

I'm thinking there will only be about 5 chapters left of this story!

In the mean time go check out my other book "One Broken Girl"

In my new story, some names and events have been changed and adjusted for entertainment. Some of the things that happen in it have happened, some have almost happened, and some is just for reader pleasure.

Thank you for reading!

See ya on the flip side!✌️