Chapter 3

Hi all! so....i have nothing to say...enjoy :D

oh no wait! the cover, it only took my like 2 minutes but i think it could be better, so i wold really appreaciate it if someone made a better one! but i'd like the same image;

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sqP4zi0nhiA/Thote3gATUI/AAAAAAAAANs/F8UusK1m4V8/s400/Harry_potter_and_Hermione_dancing_inside_the_tent_01.jpg

i just cropped it to make it rectangular ;)

ok anyhoo- enjoy!!!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been two weeks since Ron had left Harry and Hermione. Southern England; where they had been staying, was getting colder so they had moved into Scotland.

Harry and Hermione occasionally would discuss where they thought the remaining Horcruxes were, but these conversations were getting less and less frequent. They spent most evenings in silene; Hermione kept reading “The Tales of Beedle the Bard,” over and over. At night, she would continue to cry when she thought Harry was asleep. He usually fell asleep in the early hours of the morning; his heart would break when he heard her cry. Normally he would go comfort her, but after the time she pushed him away, he didn’t think that was the right thing to do.

When Hermione did fall asleep, Harry would stare at Ginny’s name on the Marauders map in wand light. That night, Ginny was in the headmaster’s office, probably getting an ear-full from Snape.

Ginny meant nothing to him now. He didn’t know how that happened, even after he dumped her, he still had feelings for her, especially after she kissed him on his birthday at the Burrow. Those feelings were gone now, destroyed, terminated. Now it was Hermione he loved.

Harry sat up hurriedly. He didn’t realise it ‘till now. He loved Hermione. Harry punched his pillow in frustration. He would give anything for her to like him.

Harry’s eyes began to droop. Giving one last look at the map, he slid it under his pillow and took his glasses off. He could heat Hermione rolling in her sleep and wondered what she was dreaming about. He shook his head, her dreams would never be as worse as his.

**  

Harry opened the Marauder’s map (as he always did) and stared at Ginny’s name again. He half-expected to see Ron’s name there. But he didn’t.

He sank into the saggy chair and closed his eyes; picturing Ginny’s face. He breathed heavily; she still meant nothing to him. He glanced over at Hermione; curled up in a chair, reading, “Hogwarts a History.”

Harry looked at Ginny’s name one last time and stood up. It was now or never

He walked over to Hermione; stopping in front of her, he held out his hand. She stared at it for a while, and then took it, letting him help her up.

Harry silently removed the locket from Hermione’s neck and chucked it on the chair. He then, took her hands and began to sway to the music playing on the radio.

He gently dragged her into the living room and they danced.

Hermione looked sullen at first, and then got more into it, smiling and laughing with Harry.

While they were dancing, they could forget about the war, the Horcruxes and Voldermort. They acted goofy and childish for the first time in a long while.

Harry twirled Hermione around and they then slowly spun around; their heads rested on each other’s shoulders.

They finally broke apart and stared into one another’s eyes; Harry’s lips formed a half-smile that nearly broke Hermione. Once again, a picture of Ron popped into her head. She didn’t feel guilty anymore, and it was easy to get rid of the picture.

She smiled back at Harry then took a big breath.

They both started to lean in; Hermione’s heart going a million miles an hour, Harry feeling so happy that this was about to happen.

Their lips met. The kiss was gentle at first, then slowly intensified.

They were both breathing hard when they eventually parted. Harry smiled at her, then pulled her into a long hug.

It finally happened. He had kissed Hermione! He hadn’t planned it either; he just wanted to be a good friend, make Hermione feel better.

**

“Hermione, I’ve been thinking.”

“Mmm?”

Harry was lying on this bed, Hermione snuggled up against him. They’d been lying there for hours, silently, just enjoying each other’s company.

“I want to go to Godrics Hollow.”

“Yes, I’ve been thinking we should.”

“What?” Harry sat up. Last time he had suggested it she had blown the idea of immediately.

“Yeah, think about,  Sir Godric Gryffindor came from there, heck, its named after him, I bet that’s where the sword is!”

“Oh…..yeah.” Harry looked down guiltily. He hadn’t been thinking about the sword at all, he really wanted to visit his parent’s graves.

“Do you think we should practice Apparating under your invisibility cloak?”

“Uh..yeah sure.”

Hermione went on, going through plans how to get there undetected because some Death Eaters were bound to be there. Harry zoned out, picturing his parents, he missed them so much.

Harry then yawned and tried to turn it into a cough. He leant his head back on the pillow. He was so exhausted.

“And then we should……….oh I am sorry Harry.” Hermione glanced down at Harry; his eyes were drooping.

“How long have I been talking?”

Harry shook his head. “Oh no, it’s fine, don’t worry about it.”

Hermione smiled. “It’s late, I’ll let you sleep.” She bent down and kissed him softly. “Good night.” She whispered and hopped into her bed.

“G’night.” Harry called then closed his eyes.

And then he was asleep.

Hermione sighed happily. She was with Harry. Harry, the man she now loved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope u liked it!!! hehe sorry if you didnt like the kiss- it was a little awkward writing it-i normally dont write things like that....................

so yeah! please vote fan and comment