Family Meeting

"Alex!" My mother shouts from the kitchen

"What?" I respond back with a bit of an attitude. I run downstairs in frustration after no answer.

I nervously enter the kitchen seeing everyone sitting at the table looking serious. My family isn't serious. "

What's going on?" I say slowly and nervously.     

"Sweetie," my mom says while sitting down "your dad got a job promotion!".

I'm thinking in my head there has to be a twist.

My dad hesitantly says "and"

"What is it? Dance Moms is on at the moment and I don't want to miss a second of it!" 

That's my 13 year old sister Emily.

"We have to move to Birmingham in Alabama." My dad says ignoring my sister. I don't have a reaction I just sit there in shock, but I play it cool on the outside.

"When do we move?" I ask

"In about a month, we've already put our house up for sale." My dad answers.

"How long have you known about this?" Emily asks.

My Mother replies "about 3 weeks".

I've had it by now.

"YOU'VE KNOWN ABOUT THIS FOR THREE WEEKS?" I stood up and yelled.

"YES AND YOU BETTER GO START PACKING!" My dad yells in my face.

There...are boxes.....in the garage...." My mother says in worry of us shouting again.

I storm to the garage and grab some boxes.

"I can't believe it," I mumble to myself "we're actually moving." 

I go up to my room and slam the door shut.

"How do I even begin to pack?" I wonder.

"Oh well... I guess I'll just mark the boxes for my room."

I flop on my bed and grab my phone. I start texting every one of my friends about us moving. Yeah, so I told five people... So what? I pick up my MacBook and go to YouTube. "yes! A new video by Connor AND Lily?" I say surprised I love Connor Franta and Lily Singh. I watch YouTube for the rest of the night until I fall asleep. I remember drifting off to the sound of Danny Edge and Paul Zimmer laughing at themselves.

The next morning I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. I roll over violently slap my phone until it turns off. I check the time five minutes later to see its 5:35am. I moan as I struggle to get out of my warm bed. Heading to my closet I trip and fall over the boxes I left there last night. I finally get to my closest and put on the plain dark green polo and the ugly khaki skirt. Then I slip on my old and used converse. The smell of bacon fills the air as I go to the bathroom. I then untangle my long, wavy, blonde hair. Then I take off my ugly brown librarian style glasses and put in my contacts slightly poking out my eye. While starting to put on my makeup I check the time. 5:45am.

"I should have enough time." 

I head downstairs and grab a plate of bacon and eggs and head back to the bathroom. I blare my music just loud enough to wake my sister.

BANG BANG

"TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN BEFORE I KICK OPEN THIS DOOR AND STRANGLE YOU!" Emily screams through the door.

I put on my last layer of mascara and lip gloss and go to my room to put my laptop in my backpack and leave. While running downstairs my mother yells to me

"Bye honey have a great day!" As I grab the keys to my grey 2014 Camry.

I pull out of the driveway while blaring Melanie Martinez singing along to Mrs. Potato Head.

Finally arriving to my school while finishing up the song that was playing. "FOCUS ON MEE BABEEE!"

I then walk into school with 10 minutes to spare.

I'm not that social at my school. I have three friends, Nathan, Sydney, and Amanda. I find them talking in the hallway and walk up to them. Explaining what's going on.

"Wait so you're moving to Alabama?" Nathan said in shock.

Amanda replies "that's where the rednecks live, right?" 

I then say to them "I have a month! It's not like I have so many friends to spend time with before I go! I'll see you guys later. K?"

In sync they all say bye as I head to my homeroom just making it before the bell rang.