Chapter Twenty-Two: The Alphas

Start from the beginning

“No, Chris. You are mine. Okay? I want you to say it.”

“Say what?”

“That you’re mine.”

“Okay, I’m yours, I’m yours! You know, I think it’s awfully sexist for men to claim women. What is this, the nineteen…nineteen…I wish I was nineteen!” I slurred, smiling stupidly at Aiden as he pulled out a piece of paper that looked like a school form.

“Now sign this.”

“What is it?”

“Oh nothing…it just clears up some issues that might have occurred in the future.”

“Well I’d hate to make you have tissues! I love that word…tish-ewwws,” I laughed, not paying much mind as I scrawled my name on the line that Aiden pointed to. Then I grabbed the last shot, downing the mixture of whiskey and tequila quickly before Aiden grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the bar.

“I think you’ve had enough,” he said lightly, chuckling as I nearly tripped and fell on my face. He swiftly wrapped his arms around me and carried me out of the bar.

***                                                                  ***                                                      ***

            When I woke up the next morning, the light shining on my eyes made me flinch back under the covers and groan loudly. My head was pounding and as I moved, my stomach roiled and complained. Quickly, I hopped out of bed and ran to the bathroom despite my splitting headache, leaning over the toilet just in time to vomit a mixture of various liquids and the leftover lasagna I’d had for dinner last night. Ugh, gross. I wiped my hair back from my clammy forehead and staggered over to the sink to rinse out my mouth and splash cold water on my face.

“Derek?” I called out hesitantly, leaving the bathroom and re-entering our bedroom. He was nowhere in sight, and as I stumbled into the living room, and then the kitchen, I realized he wasn’t even home. Great. He must’ve been pissed at me for coming home drunk after I said I’d gone to get groceries. As drunk as I’d been last night, I could barely remember what had happened now. I remembered going to a bar with Aiden, and having to take shots to get him to answer my questions, but that’s it. Next thing I know, I’m being laid in bed by Derek, who looks…angry? Shit. So he was furious with me. I decided to call him, and I spent nearly ten minutes searching the apartment for my phone before I finally gave up. I must have left it in Aiden’s car. Dammit. Checking the time on the TV, I saw that it was only eight-forty-five, so I’d only miss first period if I left in the next fifteen minutes.

            After taking a much-needed shower, I was dressed and ready by nine o’clock and I zoomed over to the school as fast as the speed limit would allow. Entering Beacon Hills High turned out to be an assault on the senses, and I grabbed my head as it throbbed. Everyone in the hall was talking loudly, yelling other people’s names, slamming lockers, dropping binders…Oh my god. Before I’d even reached my locker, I pulled into a little alcove to take two of the Motrin I always carried with me for cramps, and after swallowing the pills, I reentered the hallway with just as much irritation. I was nearly to my locker when I felt somebody’s hand on my shoulder, and I spun around rapidly, which turned out to be a very bad idea as I stumbled and nearly fell on my butt. Luckily, Aiden wrapped both arms around my waist and held me against his chest to prevent me from falling over.

“Hey there. Still hung-over I see?” he said, laughing as I struggled out of his embrace.

“Get off me.”