Manik's heart skipped a beat as he heard her voice after what had been almost 18 months. It was her..he could never be mistaken .He gasped as he turned back towards where she was standing with her back towards him.

"Nandini" He spoke slowly.

Nandini heard his voice and froze.She flinched her eyes and pursed her lips as a tear trickled down her cheek.

"Nandini ...is it ..is it you?"He asked .

Nandini could feel him stepping closer to her.She let out a deep breath and wiped off her face.

She gathered herself and slowly turned around to face Manik standing right in front of her.Her gaze was still fixed on the floor as she did not have the courage to face him.

"Nandini Murthy " Manik whispered as he rolled his eyes.

Hearing her name Nandini gathered all his courage to look at him for a fraction of a second and then lowered her gaze again.

The same handsome face , light stubble , big eyes...nothing about him had changed in the past 18 months.

"Yes..."nandini nodded " yes ...Manik ...sir " She spoke hesitantly.

"tum..tum yahan?" manik asked.

"Sir..wo ..wo paper me ad padha ki aapko ek nanny chahiye for a baby so I..." nandini said

"Tum gayee nahi ab tak"Harshad appeared out of thin air " I told you to leave na.."Harshad spoke rudely "Just get lost and never show your face again"

"Harshad , ye kya tarika hai ek ladki se baat karne "Manik snapped .

"Sorry Manik Sir , par shayad aap bhool gaye hai ye wo hi Nandini Murthy hai jo last year bina bataye job chhod kar chali gayi thi " Harshad said "Notice period serve karna to door ki baat hai , madam ne batana bhi jaruri nahi samjha ki wo job discontinue karna chahti thi"

All this while Nandini was standing like a dummy , bearing all the humiliation that Harshad was throwing on her.

"Mujhe sab yaad hai harshad " Manik admitted looking at Nandini " How can I ever forget that day?"

"Aur Sir ab iski himmat to dekhiye, ye fir se job maang rahi hai. Aise unprofessional employee ko fir se kaun job dega?"

Manik was about to speak something when the nurse brought Ananya who had woken up and was crying.Nandini's heart started thumping as she saw her baby in front of her.She wanted to run and hold her baby in her arms who had been away from her for more than 48 hours now.She pursed her lips and closed her fists tightly to control her urge .

"What happened my baby" Manik took Ananya in her arms and rubbed her back but she was crying continuously but her eyes were still closed.

Tears started brimming in Nandini's eyes seeing her baby crying.Her motherhood was making her loose a battle which she was fighting with herself.

"Dont cry baby..Pls dont cry" Manik was trying to console her.

"Kya ho gya little baby ko....achhe bache rote nahi" Harshad caressed her back.

"Nurse, baby ka feeder prepare karo"Manik swayed while rubbing her back.Anaya had become a little familiar with Manik's touch but she missed her mom.

"yes sir"The nurse ran towards the kitchen.

Manik had hired a nurse for Ananya till he found a proper nanny.

Ananya has stopped crying but she was still sniffing while resting her head on Manik's shoulder.

Harshad looked at Nandini again " Ms. Nandini Murthy , I think you should leave now"He said