Chapter 22.

Shagufta P.O.V

*After 1 month*

"Alright so this designs are fixed now we will show them this designs tomorrow.." Shaan declared happily.

Right now we are sitting in Zaid's apartment because of our project. Tomorrow we have to submit it thats why we met today for the last touch up.

"Yeah this are the best designs I had ever seen" Zaid agreed while scanning through the designs.

After his engagement party he is avoiding me. We just talk when its necessary other than that we don't even held an eye contact anymore.

"I think we should leave now its already 6:30" Shaan said while nudging me. "Yeah sure." I muttered.

Zaid was staring at me he do this usually but whenever our eyes met he look anywhere but at me.

I don't know whats his problem. "Zaid will you help me in shopping for my marriage."

How can I forget this.? We are getting married.!

Shaan had convinced me that he is the best guy I can ever have he is loving caring and everything that a girl dream for.

But I don't know why I am not getting any good vibes from this marriage. After one week we will be getting married.

It will be a simple nikah with some intimate family and friends.

Zaid and Shaan had became close friends and I don't have any problem with it.

"Shaggy..!!" Shaan yelled making me flinch.

"What...!?" I asked in same tone.

"I was calling you from a good minutes and you are not even responding." He said calm and composed now.

"ummm..sorry I was just zoned out" I apologized feeling embarassed. I sat into the car without even glancing at Zaid.

The whole drive was silent as usual. Things had changed between me and Shaan.

He had started staying quite. Its weird for me because he was the only one who did all the talking. He dropped me home and went for some work.

I went straight into my bedro and changed into my pjs and minnie mouse t-shirts.

After that I decided to have a last look on the project. I sat on the bed with some potato chips and started munching on it.

When I finished with it. I tossed the wrapper in the dustbin and took the project which was placed on the night stand and sat back on the bed.

I started going through it when I realized some designs are missing damn I had forgot to attach it in the files. I have to bring it back from Zaid's apartment.

But first I should call him. My heart picked up the rate it was beating from when I dialled his number. He did not received. I tried again.

Why he is not receiving the call.? Frustrated I threw my phone on the bed.

It was already 9 p.m what should I do now.? Shaan is also not home yet. I think I should go there and bring the designs myself.

I changed into black skinny jeans and red tank top paired with black jacket. I hoped into the spare car and drove away. After 20 minutes I reached there.

The lights were still on that means he is home. I parked the car and walked towards the main door. I was about to press the door bell when I noticed the door is opened. I frowned at his careless attitude.

I went inside and gasped, everything was messed up the whole house was turned upside down.

I saw Zaid sitting on the stairs in the corner his head was hung low. I tried calling his name but nothing came out. My legs started to move towards him like they have their own mind. I froze in my steps when my eyes landed on the video playing on his lappy it was Nisha with some guy and they were....gross.

I shifted my gaze back at Zaid who was sitting still my who body was shaking. I went towards him and lightly tapped his shoulder he looked up at me with his bloodshot red eyes and another second I was pinned to the wall with his hand holding my wrist tightly.

"Zaid you are hurting me" I cried in pain but it was of no use.

His eyes was full of fury he was fuming with anger. "Oh really its HURTING YOU AND WHAT ABOUT THE THINGS YOU DID WITH ME WHAT ABOUT THAT. BECAUSE OF YOU THIS ALL IS HAPPENING BECAUSE OF YOU I LOST HER BECAUSE OF YOU. NOT ONLY THAT YOU LEFT ME ALONE JUST TO GET MARRIED TO YOUR LOVER BOY. YOU HAD NOT EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT ME..!!! WHEN I WENT AT YOUR FRIENDS PLACE THEY TOLD ME TO STAY AWAY FROM YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH SOMEONE ELSE...!!! WHAT TYPE OF A WIFE YOU ARE..???" He yelled at me.

What..??? Is he gone insane. "I am not your wife. We are divorced" I managed to say.

He left my hand and looked at me like i had grown two heads. "Oh really..??? What do you think that just signing a piece of paper and leaving the country is divorce..??" He let out a bitter laugh.

I looked at him confused "What do you mean..??" my heart was hoping for something which is not right but it desperately wanted it to be true.

"Go and ask this question to your lover boy he is an law student right.? I hope he will answer your questions better than me." I was about to ask him to tell me by himself but he yelled again.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE JUST GET OUT FROM HERE I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN...!!!" I ran out without looking back. All I know is their is something my friends are hiding from me. My head was swirling with questions.

I sat into my car and called the first person came into my mind. After three ring she picked up the call.