Chapter 2.

Shagufta P.O.V

After all that emotional moments we reached the mosque for my nikkah. I didn't even saw my dad or my brother because they went to the mosque for nikkah preparation.

My relation with my dad and brother was not all happy go sappy one, because of my engagement. They were the one who harmed me the most both physically and mentally.

I don't want to think about it on my special day. I want to be happy and away from my horrendous past. My family are constant reminder of how worthless I am. They don't leave a single chance to taunt me. I hope it will all get over now.

My mother and Saima helped me out of the car. My eyes landed on the car arrived just behind us.

I saw my friends getting out of the car. Smile appeared on my face when they saw me. Shaan, Kyle, Azim, and Zack went straight to the men section not before giving me a toothy smile. I smiled at them but it disappeared when i saw Shaan.

He didn't even smiled at me. He was just staring straight at me. I frowned at his behaviour but let it slid. Sometimes he is just so moody.

"Woah our desi bride.!" Mehek commented as they came towards me. My mother and Saima moved aside to let me meet and greet my friends.

"You are looking drop dead gorgeous in that traditional bridal attire of yours." Angel complimented me.

"Yes.! Why are you so pretty Shaggy. I am so jealous of you." Crystal pouted making all of laugh.

"You all are just exaggerating. Anyways thanks." I hugged them all one by one.

Until my mother interrupted us. "Lets go in, groom and his family are waiting for us." all the girls started cooing and teasing me when my mother mentioned 'groom', making me blush.

Finally they composed themselves and helped me in the mosque where nikkah will take place.

I greeted my in laws who were seated on the right side of the curtain. My sister in law rushed to help me. There was a curtain hanging between the bride and groom sitting arrangement its like a tradition. Bride and groom cant see each other before nikkah.

They took me to the right side and helped me sit beside my mother in law. She placed her hand on my head saying some prayer and blowing it on me.

She than kissed my forehead and said "Remember I am your mother not your mother in law." I smiled at her. She is just so sweet.

My sister in law sat on my left with her daughter on her lap. She started to play with my bangles. I pinched her cheeks. She was just so cute I was not even able to resist myself.

My sister in law smiled at me and said "She is Zaid's favourite niece." my cheeks turned red at the mention of his name. I just nodded my head in response. My family and friends sat behind me.

"The groom is here.!" someone yelled making my heart skip a bit. My hand started to get sweaty as I saw a shadow appear on the curtain.

"He is here." my sister in law whispered and squeezed my hand. I was thankful for her little gesture. Even though it did nothing to calm my racing heart.

Than I heard the voice of maulvi reciting some supplication. Everyone went silent the only thing you could hear was voice of maulvi.

"Do you Zaid Malik ibn Zahir Malik accept Shagufta Khan ibn Aftaab Khan as your wife.?" my heart pounded in my chest as several seconds which felt like eternity passed by but he didn't answer. Everyone was silent.

"Yes. I do." his husky voice boomed in the silent mosque accompanied by claps and cheers. He said yes to be my soul mate. Smile stretched on my face without my permission.

Than the maulvi came into the woman section. He stood in front of me and asked me the same question.

"Do you Shagufta Khan ibn Aftaab Khan accept Zaid Malik ibn Zahir Malik as your husband.?"

I was feeling nervous. Just one word and I will be his. Am I ready to share my life with him.?

What a stupid question.?! Of course I am. I felt a light tap on my shoulder. Every eyes were on me. That's when I got back to my senses.

"Yes." that's all I said as everyone started to hugging and congratulating me.

"Finally, you are officially my daughter now." my mother in law kissed me forehead and made me eat a piece of sweets followed by others.

Everyone was so happy. All the smiling faces assured me that my life will be better from now. In shaa Allah.