Chapter 31 |Allies

"Thanks for having me here, Megan." Dan said as he walked into the house with Josh by his side.

"Oh, it's nothing, Dan," she waved a paw in dismissal. "You're welcome here at any time. Josh doesn't have any brothers or sisters and your company would be very much appreciated." Then she grew hesitant. "Just, well, now that he's hurt, be gentle, okay?"

"Mum, my injury is not that serious," the younger tiger groaned, cheeks reddening. "I'll be in the hospital right now if that happens."

"Okay, okay, I'll leave the two of you alone." She held up her paws in surrender and went to the laundry room.

Climbing up the stairs wasn't really easy for Josh, even with the medication the doctor had prescribed earlier a while ago. But they made it anyway and went to the feline's room. Gingerly, Dan helped him to lay down on the bed, and he squatted down to make his eye level even with Josh's.

"Josh, I err," the lupine gulped as the big cat stared at him with quizzical expression. "How're you feeling?"

"Better," he simply said, still he smiled. "With you by my side." The feline reached out a paw for him and the wolf instinctively grabbed it with another paw. He caressed the orange and white furred paw before placing a kiss on top of it. Slowly, he reached forward and connected his muzzle with his boyfriend's, enjoying the sensation and warmth that spread from his heart to his whole body. Suddenly, he felt an intruder wormed its way into his muzzle, but he accepted it nonetheless and the wolf's own tongue came to life and they tried to explore each other's muzzle. They parted for breath after a few minutes, a string of saliva connected between their bottom lips. They smiled before going back to making out, more passionate than they could ever remember and more feelings were brought out in the process.

Without realising, Dan had somehow climbed on top of the tiger and he was straddling his hips when they parted again, careful with his injury. At the thought of it, the lupine reached for the hem of Josh's shirt.

"May I?" he asked gently. The tiger nodded after pondering for a few moments, and the shirt was off.

The first thing that caught his eyes were the bruises he got earlier a while ago. Josh realised where the wolf's eyes lingered and attempted to cover it with his hands. However, Dan caught his hands and quickly pinned them to the side before the stripped fur could react.

"Dan what are you doing?" Josh panicked, clearly wanting to shield the bruises.

"Don't hide it, you don't have to," Dan said.

"It's ugly."

"I don't care," the canine insisted. "I love every fibre of your being, ugly or not."

To prove his point, he shifted back and started giving butterfly kisses around and on the bruises. The feline struggled against it at first, but the combination of Dan's thumbs rubbing soothingly on his arms, along with the love and gentleness he had in those kisses and licking, he visibly relaxed and let his boyfriend tend to him.

After a few minutes passed, Josh couldn't help but ask. "Hey, I sort of understand the kisses, but why the licking?"

The lupine took a moment to think about the question before answering. "Don't know. Just feel like doing so. Am I making you uncomfortable?" he asked, slightly worried.

"Oh, no you don't. Just curious, that's all."

"I just want to make you feel better," Dan muttered to himself. Just then, he had a funny idea and, he hoped that Josh wouldn't mind him doing it. He shifted himself forward so that he could reach the tiger's neck, still mindful of his state of condition. Josh wondered what he was up to next, but his move made him shivered involuntarily.