Chapter 17 |Beach House Part 2

"Not bad," the wolf said when he went into the bedroom. He placed his duffel bag down in a corner. "The bed's even big enough for the two of us."

"Yeah," Josh replied as Dan went to the mattress and sat on it, testing its firmness. He went to his side and added with a low voice. "Save us from having to explain why we're sleeping on the same bed, right?"

The lupine blushed at the thought before jabbing the tiger's side playfully. He shoved back in retaliation and both of them ended up on the floor wrestling. 

"Ha, I win," Dan said aloud when he managed to pin the feline down. But after a brief struggle, Josh managed to switch their position and he was straddling the canine's waist.

"What did you just say, hmm?" he mocked, paws trapping the wolf's on top of him.

"Get off me, you're heavy."

"Well, you're heavy too, and I don't want to get pin down by you again."

"Why you-"

"Josh, Dan, do you want to come out and get some snacks?" Helen's voice drifted into the room from the kitchen.

"Coming," both of them shouted in unison. They looked surprised at the accuracy of their timing before they giggled. Josh got off Dan and they went to the kitchen which also served as a dining room. Helen and Megan had prepared some small egg sandwiches and tea, placed at the light brown round table in the middle of the room. The youths tackled the food almost immediately, and they were in the middle of chewing when their fathers came in, still engrossed in their conversation.

"So, you really did that?" Darren asked.

"Yep, that guy's a total bastard. He should have gotten more punches, but I only managed one before they stopped me," Aaron flung his paws up in frustration.

 "What are you two talking about?" Dan inquired.

"Just exchanging some of our past," the tiger simply said.

"I was just talking about how I beat that dog for cheating on your mum," the wolf explained. "Then we started dating after a few months prior to the incident. That was when we were in high school. We maintained a relationship until university, and on graduation day, I proposed her, right in front of everyone, on stage for extra credit."

"Oh, that was romantic of you, honey. I remembered being so touched I jump right into your arms," Helen sighed happily at the memory.

"Well, Darren proposed to me in public too," Megan said. "Guess where he did it."

"The park?"

"No, it was in a restaurant, although the park sounds nice too. One night, he took me out on a date, and the next thing was he went to the stage and started singing."

"Wait, singing? Didn't you say he proposed to you?" Josh was shocked by her revelation, and he had no idea what to make of the prospect of his dad singing.

"He did, once he finished singing the proposal song. The music was from a song, but he rewrote the lyrics just to fit the occasion. Who knows a tiger like him had such an artistic talent within him?"

"Dear, you can leave that out, you know," Darren said with tint of red on his orange fur.

"What's wrong with letting them know? It's not something to be embarresed about, even your own son had no idea about your hidden talent."

"Megan!" 

"Fine, fine, I'll stop. Still, that was a nice song, I've always wanted to listen to it again."