4. Her Proposition

Please vote, comment and share.

TRIPLE update!

Stacy's POV

1 month later....

At last!!! I finally got a job
as Elementary teacher at St. Nicholas University, which is the highest paid school here in New York. I will start teaching on Monday. Today is Friday, I will call Atty. Reyes and ask for an appointment to Mr. Hamilton this weekend, I'll ask him to let us pay partially for Papa's debt and don't take our property, since, I can already avail a loan next month. Mr.Hamilton is Atty. Reyes' client, meaning the person whom my belated father had debt with due to gambling, specifically in casino. I don't know him personally, just by his sure name, I don't even know his first name, as well as his age and status. Well, I don't care about those information anyway, what important is that he will agree to my proposition so that we won't lose our beloved home and land.

I bring out my phone and dial Atty. Reyes' number.

Ring...ring...ring...

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon Atty., this is Stacy Anderson, one of the late George Anderson's daughter."

"What is it?", he answered grumpily. Hmpf! Rude as ever! Why is he so rude, is it just to our family or he is really rude to everyone? I won't let him ruin my mood.

"Ahm, I just want to schedule an appointment with Mr. Hamilton this weekend, I have a proposition for the debt.", I answered still excitedly.

"Proposition?", he asked like unbelieving what he heard. What? Are we not allowed to negotiate with his client? I wasn't informed about that.

"Yes Atty.", I answered immediately.

"I'll talk to him then I'll inform you his decision.", then he hang up without waiting for my response. Really rude.

Well it's alright, maybe he just got a tough job and it's getting into his nerves most of the time. At least he'll call his client and I'll have a chance to talk to him and hopefully, solve our problem.

I put my phone back inside the bag and hailed a taxi that will bring me home. To our beloved home.

*****

Beep,beep,beep.....

I got out of the shower when I heard my phone beeped. I wrapped my hair in a towel and got another one for my body before going out of my bathroom and head to my bed to check my phone.

To: Me

Mr. Hamilton said he cannot meet you personally for the reason that he is busy, just text him the proposition you have,now. He specifically instructed me to tell you "Don't call him, text only". I'll send you his cellphone number.

From: Grumpy-Rude

Yep, that is Atty. Reyes' name in my phone book, what can I do? He's really rude you know that right? It soothes him well. Hahaha...

Hmmm? I'm a little confused. Mr. Hamilton is busy yet he preferred text which is more time consuming rather than call? What do you think?

Beep,beep,beep...

I looked at my cellphone and saw that Grumpy-rude sent his client's cellphone number already. I'll text him now.

To: M. Hamilton

Good evening Mr. Hamilton this is Stacy Anderson. I just wanna asked if you could let me pay partially for my father's debt, so that you won't take our property? I'll give my first payment next month.

From: Me

Please say yes, please say yes, please say-

Beep,bee-

To: Me

Partially? How much and how long is the mode of payment?

From: Mr. Hamilton

Mode of payment? Is he expecting it to be constant? Like every month?

To: Mr. Hamilton

About thirty hundred next month. I can't tell yet when is my next payment but I'll assure you that I'll pay all my father's debt.

From: Me

It's a good deal right?

Beep,beep-

To: Me

Three thousand dollars? Do you even know how much your father owed me?

From: Mr. Hamilton

Of course I know! Your Atty. Grumpy-rude slap it on our faces whenever he has a chance!

To: Mr. Hamilton

Yeah, he owed you one hundred thousand dollars only which is cheap compared to the value of our property. Our land is 2 hectares and the house is big
and ancestral yet fully furnished.

From: Me

My father made the land and house collateral for that amount only, because of that damn gamble.

To: Me

Yeah, but collateral is collateral Ms. Anderson. However, since I am a kind man, I'll let you pay me partially but within my terms. Twenty thousand every month for 5 months and you're done. I will not take the land nor the house.

From: Mr. Hamilton

What?! Is he serious? He call himself kind in that deal? Where in the world will I get that amount of money every fucking month! If my loan next month will be approved, then I'll pay it every month for 12 months or so, which means I can't afford to pay him in the succeeding months.

To: Mr. Hamilton

Mr. Hamilton please understand that my profit is not that big, plus I have other bills that are needed to be taken care of.

From: Me

We are losing the property, no way in hell can I pay that amount every month. Maybe I should start looking for an apartment now where mom and I can live. Oh mom, I'm sure she will be so devastated, she inherited the property from her ancestors.

Beep,beep,bee-

To: Me

I know how can you pay that amount for 5 months. If you'll agree.

From: Mr. Hamilton

He knew a way? He has a solution? There's still hope!

To: Mr. Hamilton

Why of course Mr. Hamilton I'll agree to it. I will do anything to save our property. What is it?

From: Me

I eagerly asked. Yes! We will not loose the property. Mom will not be sad about it anymore. I'm so happy!

_______________________________

So what do you think is Mr. Hamilton's solution?

And why did he choose text communication rather than call which is faster obviously?
Is he hiding something?

Thank you for reading! Please support this story by VOTING, COMMENTING and SHARING/RECOMMENDING to your friends, it will really be a big motivation, hence, often updates.

Belated HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Xoxo :)

-pinkbutterfly018

Other Stories:

Irresistible Hunk(Mature)- completed

Blackmailed(oneshot)-completed

Blackmailed(Full Story)-on going

Bad Girl- on going