Planning to Meet Mother

Hey guys! I am so, so, SO SORRY I haven't updated in ages!! I've been super busy with getting back into school and stuff, but I'll do my best to update at least once a week from now on if possible! Thank you all so much for support- it means more to me than you know. And thank you all for getting me to over 2570 reads!! I love you all! :D #PercyForever

Percy POV

Wow. So much had happened in such a short time that it was hard to let it all sink in. In the span of a week, I'd returned to Camp Half-Blood, reunited with friends, defeated Void, revealed myself and reclaimed my girlfriend, and formed new, happy memories. A lot? Yeah, but I wouldn't change any of this, not even if I was forced to give up the universe.

It was great to finally have time to relax and hang out with friends just like old times. Having new friends along, such as Revital and Jayce, could do nothing but make everything better. The world was a merrier place.

Reyna was happier. Jason was happier. Nico was happier. Well, let's just say that everyone was happier. It made for the place that felt like home...

Home.

The thought of home directed my thoughts to mom, way back in her apartment. She probably didn't even know I was back! I needed to go see her! And Paul as well, of course. Couldn't forget the blowfish.

One of my favorite gifts from Chaos was a power similar to Nico's shadow traveling. Except, I could technically shadow travel other people to me if I wanted to. The only problem there was that if the person was more than a mile or so away, I would pass out or die from exhaustion. Yeah, still working on that.

Fortunately for me, Nico wasn't far. I was inside my cabin when the thought of my mother struck me, and I closed my eyes in concentration.

The next second, Nico appeared in my room, holding his Stygian Iron sword in his hand and scowling fiercely. When he saw me, he relaxed and glared. "What the... Percy Jackson, I was just about to beat Jason in combat for once, and you decide you're gonna go and do you're whatever-ma-jig to blast me over here like I'm some toy. What's gotten into you, huh, man?!"

A sly smirk crossed my face. "I could ask when you started using such interesting words, man. And sorry, but I wanted to ask you to do me a favor."

Nico sheathed his sword, jumping onto my bed and bouncing for a moment. "That depends on the favor and whether or not I think it's worth losing to Jason over."

"Touché, dude," I laughed, reaching out and beginning to pull the blanket out from underneath him. "You and Jason still going at it, then?"

"Won't you believe it!" he teased, preoccupied with slapping my hand playfully. "So what do you want me to do?"

I refrained from tugging on the blanket for a moment to get Nico to focus on my words. "If you don't mind, I'd like you to come with me to visit my mom."

His dark brown eyes met mine. "Why me? Wouldn't you rather Annabeth or, I don't know, someone like Tyson go with you?"

His words were like a slap in the face. Not because I was angry at what he'd said, but because he'd just reminded me of yet another person I should check up on.

"You okay?" Nico asked, prodding me in the side with a finger.

Shaking it off, I replied, "Yeah, sorry. I don't know why I chose you. I guess it's because I know Annabeth well. I know Jason well. But I feel that I don't know you as well as others, even though you were on the Argo II with us." I shrugged. "I guess I just see this as a chance to get to know each other better, if you don't mind."

For a long moment, Nico was silent. He toyed with the blanket we'd been messing with, curling the corner of the sheet around his finger. "Percy, if there's anything I've learned in the time you were gone, it's that I was foolish not to open up to others, especially you. When you were gone, I finally realized the true meaning of friendship - it wasn't just about me and my sister. It was about those who never gave up on me despite the fact that I hated them. Now that I have you back, I'm not wasting a chance. Of course I'll come with you!"

Nico's words warmed me to the core, and a little blue flame actually sprang to life in my palm. Annabeth and I had figured that friendship, loyalty, and love made it extremely easy for me to use my powers. Those virtues were the answer to unlocking my potential. Now Nico had filled me with happiness, and without even meaning to I'd just started a miniature fire.

"Very well, then," I murmured, extinguishing the flares. I stood and smiled at Nico. "If you'll give me a minute, I'll tell Blonde Superman where you're headed off to."

"You still use that annoying nickname for him?" Nico rolled his eyes. "Oh, boy."

My only response was a grin, after which I again focused my attention, and soon Jason had joined us.

His first comment? "Oh, there you are, Nico. I thought you'd run away because of my superior skills."

"Hey, way to greet your bro over here," I growled in mock anger, at the same time Nico muttered, "Superior skills, my Stygian Iron sword. We'll see about that. You know full well I was actually beating you that time."

Jason sniffed. "Mm, I'd say more like gaining the upper hand, not beating." He ignored Nico's protest and faced me. "Sorry, bro, had to say something to a delusional buddy over here."

"Delusional!?" Nico exclaimed. "You're delusional, thank you very much." Before Jason could say anything, Nico added, "Shut up and listen to Percy. He's got something to tell you."

Frowning, which I was sure was fake, Jason held out his hands. "Okay, okay! What do you want to tell me, Cap'n?"

"First of all, don't call me that," I warned, shoving the Roman next to Nico. Yes, I was having fun. No, I wasn't angry. Yes, they knew that. "Second, I'm going to steal your fighting partner here for a while. We're gonna go see my mom."

Surprise lit Jason's face, to be replaced with a knowing look. "Oh, gotcha. So I better go fight with Thalia then. Mmkay. Have fun!!" He waved like a little girl saying bye to her friends.

"You're nuts," I declared, and shadow traveled him back to the arena.

Nico and I high-fived. "Yas!" Nico exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air. "Score! He didn't even have time to answer!"

My grin widened. "So you ready to go?"

He nodded eagerly. "Sure, can't wait to tell your mom you died and came back to life by defeating the most powerful being in the universe," he responded dryly. "I'm ready when you are."

After standing, I got a mischievous smile on my lips. Moving quickly, I reached out and yanked the blanket from beneath Nico. The son of Hades tumbled off the bed and onto the ground. "Ow, oh you just had to do that, didn't you?"

"Yes. Yes, I did. Come along, Death Breath. We got a mom to talk to."

"And don't call me Death Breath."

"Death Breath."