Chaos

Once again, nothing to say! I'm just going to dive right into the story! Here we go!!

Percy POV

  "You're nuts."

  "Yeah, I probably am."

  "Then you definitely are," Nico decided. The finalty was firm in his voice.

  I huffed and rolled my eyes. "I've told you, I know something's going on here that I don't think Chaos knows about."

  "And what exactly is that something?" Nico demanded.

  "That's what I have to find out," I admitted.

  Nico sighed. "Again, you're nuts." A brief silence followed his words, then he asked, "When exactly is Chaos coming?"

  I shrugged. "He's Chaos. How am I supposed to know? He comes on his own timing. Knowing him, he'll come at the most inopportune time, like right in the middle of the bonfire when he can creep anyone out."

  Boy, was I right.

***

  The bonfire that night was horrendously boring. I'm serious. It was so much more boring than normal. Nico and Jason were sitting on either side of me. I leaned over to Nico and asked, "What's with this? It used to be boring before, but now..."

  "It's dead," Nico agreed. "Yeah. Ever since you- I mean Percy- left, nothing's been the same."

  "Dude, Nico, you gotta be careful what you say," Jason warned.

  "So do you," Nico retorted.

  They were so hilarious together. With both of them so happy again, it was like trying to stop two bickering twins, which, by the way, is very difficult. I was enjoying their entertainment when a voice spoke from the fire. A voice that I knew quite well.

  "Omega!"

  I have never in my life seen a better reaction. Hundreds of eyes stared at me, then at the fire where a figure was taking shape.

  "What?" I demanded, playing angry. This would be good. If I could actually "fight" with the lord of the universe, that would definitely put thoughts in the campers minds.

  Chaos solidified, standing in the rotating fire. He then stepped out and strode toward me, the campers clearing the way without hesitation. "You knew I was coming. Why didn't you prepare?"

  "Because I didn't know when you were coming," I sniffed, crossing my arms. "You could learn to be a little more precise in details. I might have been ready if you had been more clear."

  Chaos's red-black eyes darkened. With his pure black hair and seven-foot stature, the effect was perfect. Even the reddish glow to his skin added. "Maybe I will. If you prepared for me next time."

  I held up my hands in defeat. "You win. Whatever you say, Chaos."

  "That's Chaos?!" The voice squealed from the midst of the campers and I practically died laughing. Bryson. Of course he'd be terrified. After all, he was the brave one, wasn't he?

  "Get a life, Bryson," I sneered, and turned to leave. But a strange sound caused me to turn back with my hands up, palms facing outwards. My fighting stance. The dagger stopped a centimeter from my hands. I grabbed it from the air and tossed it back to Bryson. "Nice try, but it's going to take you a lot more effort if you want to kill me."

  Bryson went red as the other campers burst out laughing. Especially when Chaos's thunderous laugh drowned them all out. He stomped away like a brat , which I can now freely say. Bryson the Brat. Perfect.

  "Omega. I'll be back in the morning. Five am. The Big House. Be there and we'll discuss things further. This time, be prepared."

  Chaos vanished back into the fire, leaving nothing but the echo of his words and a memory. "Until tomorrow then, Chaos," I whispered.

  And then realized that everyone, including Chiron, was staring at me. Even Nico and Jason, who already knew who he was. "What?" I exclaimed. "He has a flare for scaring people half to death." I shrugged. "You'll get used to it in time."

  "He's so much taller and cooler and weirder than I thought," I heard a voice whisper. Travis. I zeroed in on him.

  "Ah, Travis Stoll! How's the pranking been going lately?"

  Dead silence. Perfect.

  "H-how do you know who I am?" Travis stuttered.

  "Because I'd be dumb if I didn't. You think I wouldn't know everything before I came on a mission? I work for Chaos, remember? Not just anyone can work for Chaos," I explained. "Where's your brother, by the way? Connor, I believe?"

  "Here," came the whisper. Connor appeared next to his brother. "What's up?"

  "Not much," I replied. "I think I'm going to turn in now. Early morning tomorrow, you know. If you want to come, feel free. Maybe you'll learn to trust me more then."

  I walked toward Nico and Jason with a smile on my face. My plan was working perfectly. Soon no one in Camp would have any idea who I was.