Void

Wow!!! Thank you all for the 375 reads! I can't believe I've already gotten this many!! Thank you all so much!!

Percy POV

  We all froze and stared at Bryson when he started thrashing around. Despite the gag around his mouth, his angry "NO!" rang out clearly. No one seemed to have any idea what was happening... except Chaos.

  Chaos darted forward to Bryson's side and placed his hands on the son of Poseidon. Immediately his face tensed up. "Omega!" he shouted, "help us! Help us!"

  I took a step backward. "Um... What's going on? What's happening?"

  "I can't believe it!" a voice behind me exclaimed. "He's resisting!"

  Nico.

  Glancing back at him, I pleaded, "What's going on?!"

  His stare frightened me. Almost nothing frightens me anymore. But Nico's look did, and the next words that came out of his mouth frightened me all the more. "Void is trying to escape from Bryson's body. And when he does, he's going to find Percy and destroy him. But Bryson is resisting him, and I just know that resisting is going to end up killing him. Chaos is helping, but they can't do it alone. Help them, Omega!"

  For the longest time, I could do nothing but process his words, despite the shaking Alpha was giving me. Void was escaping? He was coming after Percy- me? If that was so, then I would die and the hopes of the campers would be destroyed once and for all. Not just that, but they would find out what I didn't want them to find out- that I was Percy.

  Bryson was resisting Void. Had he actually been resisting all five years Void has possessed him? If that was true, then my view of Bryson had changed completely. He was strong. Not physically, but in many different ways.

  And if I didn't help I could lose someone who could become a good friend, even though I'd hated him for five years. I needed to help.

  And I did.

  My steps took me straight toward Bryson. I dodged his flailing hand and placed my hands on his shoulders. Instantly, a vast power filled me and a chilling voice laughed. Ah, Perseus Jackson. That's right. Come to me!

  Void. Oh no. He was trying to get from Bryson to me! I jerked back from Bryson and practically cannon-balled into Alpha, who caught me and whispered, "What's wrong, Omega?"

  "H-he's there! He tried to get me! Alpha, Void is way more powerful than we thought!" Without Alpha, I would have broken down from fear. That was how terrified I now was, despite the fact that I was Chaos's heir.

  That thought sent a question into my mind. How was Void so powerful? Chaos should have been able to take him, much less both Chaos and Bryson. So what was going on?

  Nico answered my question. "He's more powerful than you think because he's been stealing Bryson's power and energy the past five years. He's gathered enough to make him more powerful than Chaos and Bryson put together, as you can see. However, I think you can subdue him if you add your strength to theirs, Omega. Don't be afraid! We're with you! Together, we can't be defeated!"

  Nico's words sent a thrill of confidence soaring through me. When had he become such a good speaker? He should audition for a camp play... Did I mention that camp now had plays that performed once every season? Four plays a year made camp very fun!

  Bracing myself for what I knew was coming, I again stepped forward and touched Bryson. I threw my head back and gritted my teeth as Void once more tried to rid himself of me.

  I ignored his chanting whisper. Perseus Jackson, come to me! I will not hurt you, only have you serve me! Be my assistant, be the world's hero. Join me!

  A thought entered my mind. If Void could speak to me, could I speak to him? I concentrated on the foreign presence flowing through my arms and glared. I will never join you, Void! My loyalty is to Chaos and his Army, to my friends here at Camp Half-Blood! To my family! I would rather be a hero who is loved and feared than one who is despised and hated! You will not take Bryson or me today! A blast of energy surged through me as I added my power to Chaos's and Bryson's. Void's voice dimmed and his power retreated as three of us combined held him off.

  I thought we were winning. I thought Void was going to be defeated then and there. Never did I think about the fact that this could have been a trick.

  The next thing I heard was Nico shouting hysterically. "No! Move! Omega, get out of there! Get away!"

  The next second, a force so powerful it left my ears ringing and my vision blurred threw me away from Bryson's convulsing body and onto one of the tables. As I lay there, dazed and hurting, an evil laugh echoed through the Camp.

   Bryson stopped his thrashing. Chaos backed away from Bryson as if the boy were a burning iron. A figure formed beside me, first a black Mist, then taking the form of a dark soldier.

  A sword made of black magic appeared in Void's hand. The edge was settled against my throat, and I was too dazed to push it off. "Ah, Omega Kidemonas, Chaos's heir, I presume?"

  A low growl in my throat was my only answer.

  Void chuckled. His black eyes matched his jet black hair and shifting black skin. He glanced down at Bryson, who was laying on the ground, unmoving. "Pitiful." His gaze then moved to Chaos. "Hello, brother. Nice of you to greet me."

  Chaos sneered. "My way of greeting you is trapping you in a Void of Endless Punishment."

  Void frowned. "I still hate you for that, you know." Without waiting for a response, Void continued. "However, being the generous man I am, I will spare your Commander Omega's life since I know you wouldn't wish to be parted with him. At least, I will not touch him until we are alone. Then, and only when we are alone, will I destroy him." Void's black eyes bored into me. "And I will be victorious."

  He vanished in a flash of thick black light, leaving nothing but a trace of a vapor of smoke.

  Void was gone.