Pranking a Prank

Thank you all for voting for my story!! It means a lot to me!! Please, if you have any criticism or advice, or just something you'd like me to add to the story, tell me and I'll see what I can do!

Percy POV

When you're able to stop a prank by Travis and Connor Stoll, you know you're different. Or at least you've changed, as in my case.

Travis and Connor had planned a little surprise for me at two a.m. Fortunately I found out beforehand, so nothing bad happened such as the two twins finding out who I was.

It was around one p.m. when I overheard them talking about it. I'd been on my way to the arena and was passing their cabin when I heard "Omega" escape from Travis. Instantly on high alert, I silently crept up to the door and eavesdropped on them. Unlike Samwise Gamgee, I do know that eavesdropping does not have anything to do with dropping eaves.

Anyway.

Connor's reply immediately told me what they were up to, and I couldn't help but smile. The two guys just couldn't stay away from pranking.

"What should we do to Omega, though?" Connor asked his brother.

There was a shuffle, then movement. I heard something being shaken around. Then Travis replied, "What if someone, say Alpha from the Army, happened to walk in and find him all pink and fluffy in the morning?"

An sneaky laugh. "Oh, yes. The poor Commander would be much too humiliated to do anything but rub the spray-paint, dyed cotton, and super glue off him."

"Exactly," came Travis's reply. "And in that time, we could bring the whole camp to come and see him. Boy, what a laugh we'd get!"

There was a pause. "Should we take his mask off? That seems to be his way of keeping his identity from us all."

I bit my lip. What was Travis going to say? If he said yes, I was going to barge in right then and there and scold them. Fortunately, Travis's answer reassured me.

"Nah. If Omega wants to stay hidden, then that's his problem, not ours. Besides, he'd probably get all angry and blast us to shreds."

Connor sighed. "Omega doesn't seem like the type of guy to get angry at someone pulling a stupid prank. He doesn't seem to get angry unless he has a good reason to."

"Yes, and taking his mask off without permission is a good reason," a new voice said. I vaguely recognized it as Leo's. Ah, boy. Of course Leo would join in with the pranking. And of course he'd be wary of me. Despite his words, though, he would probably be the one to take my mask off if they had decided to. "Let's just leave his mask and hood alone. That way nothing bad will happen to us."

"Says who?" Connor shot back. "We don't Omega very well. The only reason we're going through with this prank is because he doesn't seem to be one who mind a prank. We don't know that for sure. So something bad might happen to us."

"That's reassuring," Leo muttered. "Why are we even pranking him then? Calypso would scold me to death if Omega got angry at me."

Travis laughed. "She'll scold you anyway." He ignored Leo's protest and layed out the plan. "All right, here's how we'll do it. Leo, you'll stay outside and guard the Big House to make sure no one is coming."

"I always get the boring jobs," Leo complained.

Connor snorted. "That's because you always end up ruining them when you're the one who actually does it."

"Fine then! But don't expect to me to actually tell you if someone's coming! I deserve a full reward for my efforts."

"Er, Leo...?" Travis broke in.