28

Graduations are full of joy and celebration, but they are also full of broken hearts. It is one of those days when you miss the people you love so much it hurts, when imperfect families and dashed dreams weigh so heavily that you begin to think that everyone else is sitting on top of the world but you.

4 Months Later

Joyce P.O.V

"There Is Your Class Of 2015!" Mrs.Deed Said. We Threw Our Hats Up And Cheered. I Walked Towards The Back And Hugged Antoine And Sierra.

"We're Proud Of You." Sierra Said.

"Thanks I'm Proud."

"Baby We Made It." Jayceon Said Picking Me Up.

"I Know, I Love You." I Said Kissing Him.

"I Love You To."

"Let's Get A Picture For The Grandkids." Antoine Said Taking Pictures. We All Took Pictures With Our Diploma. We All Left And Headed To My House. When We Got There We All Went To The Living Room.

"So Joyce What College You Attending?" Mrs Scott Asked Me.

"This Might Sound A Lil Disappointed, But I'm Not Going To College Yet I'm Starting A Non Profit Organization For The Homeless."

"That Good I'm Not Mad." Mrs Scott Said. I Had Already Told Antoine And Sierra And They Agree To Help Me Her Started.

"Well Baby There Something I Want Ask You Something." Jayceon Said Getting On One Knee.

No Not Now Please No. I Said In My Head.

"Will You Do The Honor Of Moving In My Brand New Condo With Me?" He Said Opening A Box With A Hello Kitty Key In It.

"Yes." I Said Smiling. He Took The Key Out And Put It Around My Neck.

"Baby I Was About To Put My Foot In Yo Ass Because I Thought You Was About To Ask Her To Marry You." His Mother Said.

"Not Yet Mom I Gotta Sign That Billion Dollar Contract With The Hawks First." He Said Smiling. We All Start Laughing. What A Wonderful Day.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

2 Weeks Later

Jayceon P.O.V

We Was Just Now Moving The Last Piece Of Furniture In Me And Joyce New Condo. We All Sat Down.

"Damn That Was Hard Work." Jason Said.

"Nigga You Hardly Did Anything Lazy Ass."

"Whatever I'm Hungry."

"You Always Something." Chris Said.

"Y'all Nigga Gone Stop Talking To Me Like That."

"And If We Don't."

"I'm Going Jumped Y'all With My Pregnant Ass." JaNya Said Walking Through The Door.

"Where Yo Ass Come From I Thought Y'all Was Out Shopping." Chris Said.

"Yea We Was But I Got Tired And We Decided To Just Stop." She Said Sitting Down Rubbing Her Stomach.

"So Where Joyce And Hollie?" I Asked.

"Right Here, Hey Baby." Joyce Said Kissing My Lips.

"Hey." She Sat Down.

"So What Are We Doing First?" Joyce Asked.

"I Know One Thing I'm Hungry." JaNya Said.

"I Guess I'll Go Cook And We Can Have A Movie Night In Our New Condo." Joyce Said Getting Up.

"Yes Girl Go Do That." Chris Said. We All Starting Laughing.

Joyce P.O.V

I Was In The Kitchen Cooking When NY Phone Start Ringing I Saw It Was Sierra. I Picked It Up.

"I Miss You Auntie Joyce Could You Come Pick Me Up Please Pretty Please Me And Diva Want Come See Dorothy." Serenity Said.

"Yes Serenity You Can Come Over But Jayceon Going Pick You Up Ok."

"Ok." She Hung Up The Phone And I Sat It Down.

"Jayceon!" He Walked In The Kitchen And Wraps His Arms Around Me.

"Yes Baby."

"Can You Go Pick Up Serenity She Want Spend Te Night And I Told Her Yes."

"Alright I'll Be Back."

"Ok Bring Back Some Junk Food Also."

"Read My Mind." I Laughed And Continue Cooking. I Was Making Some Fried Chicken Cornbread Corn And Yellow Rice With Orange Kool Aid. I Was About Finish When JaNya Walked In The Kitchen.

"Damn Can I Eat." She Said About Grab A Piece Of Chicken.

"Touch The Chicken And You'll Be Going Into A Early Labor."

"Damn I'm Hungry."

"Well You Going Have To Wait Like Everybody Else."

"Ugh, Mean Joyce."

"I Love You Too, JaNya Have You Talk To Your Dad?"

"No I Try Calling But He Never Return My Phone Call And That Hurt Joyce."

"I Know Baby He Probably Need A Lil More Time."

"How Much More Time Do He Need Joyce I'm Pregnant He Should Just Get Over It In Not Killing My Baby To Make Him Happy"

"And You Shouldn't Have To He Going Come To His Sense And Talk To You Guys. He Just Probably Still Try To Figure It All Out Don't Stress Over It."

"You're The Best I See Why Jayceon With You. You're Always Happy And Helping Out Other In Really Glad I Met You." She Said Walking Out The Kitchen. I Smile To Myself.

I Don't Why Everybody Keep Telling Me That. I Guess I Am A Kind Hearted Person. I Will Hate To See Somebody Going Through What I Had To Go Through. My Grandmother Always Said Help The Ones That Need Help It Don't Matter What That Person Is Doing Or What That Person Is On Always Help Out Because You Will Always Have A Blessing Coming Your Way If You.

I Missed My Grandmother She Was A Wise Old Women And Always Kept Me Happy. That Probably Why I'm Always Happy. That Lady Was Everything To Me.

"Joyce I'm So Proud Of You I See You Became The Women I Want You To Become. You're Joyce Are A Blessings From The Man Above." I Heard Somebody Whisper In My Ear. I Knew That Voice Oh So Well And I Knew At That Very Moment My Grandmother Will Always Be With Me.

"Food Done!" Everybody Ran In The Kitchen And Start Fixing Their Plates. Jayceon And Serenity Came In And We All Went In The Living Room.

"Please Don't Get No Hot Sauce On The Floor." Jayceon Said.

"Ok What Movie Serenity?" I Asked Turning On Netflix.

"Fat Albert."

"Fat Albert It Is." I Said Turning It On. We All Sat Down Ate And Watched The Movie.

I Looked Around And Smile. What A Wonderful Life I Have Now. I Missed My Loves Ones. I Know They Looking Down At Me Smiling and Proud.

Hope You Enjoy
Vote/Comment
FeedBack Is The BEST