I stepped on the stool and swung myself over onto her back.
I shifted my pack so it was comfortably resting on my shoulder before grabbing the reins again.

"Wh--what about you guys?" I stammered.

Iris smiled, "Don't worry about us, just get out of here Rosie. You deserve happiness."

"She's right." Marissa agreed, "Go to the Big Island, that's where your parents met."

My eyes widened, I never knew where my parents met. He usually just kept all the information locked up in his vault.

I nodded, "I...I'm going to miss you guys."

Iris grabbed my hand, "We'll miss you too."

I bent down giving them each a hug, I brought up my hood from my cloak onto my head covering my face. I gasped when there was a crash and the front door was slammed onto the ground.

Iris's father stood at the entrance with his men with a gun loaded with silver.

"Kill them!" He shouted and his men charged at us.

"No!" Iris grabbed a metal sword and began fighting her way.

While Marissa launched hay stacks at his men.

"Roselyn, go!" They screamed.

I slapped the reins and Blossom raced out of there, head butting Iris's dad in the stomach sending him flying far away. We sped out fast while I kept my head down so no one would see my face.

As Blossom kept running I noticed we reached the front gates and we were going to meet a problem. The gates were starting to close by the gate guards who were shouting 'get them'.

I had to think fast, I smiled when I saw a javelin sticking out of the ground. I picked it up and aimed it straight. I counted in my mind.

'One...two...three!'

Just as we were a few steps away I threw the javelin with all my might right at the chain that would pull the bridge up and stall the gates.

I held onto Blossom as she leaped in the air, flying over the moat that surrounded the castle.

"Go girl." I urged happily as she sped into the forest.

I held on tightly to her neck sucking from tree branches and when she would leap over bushes or rocks. I saw a trail up ahead and pulled the reins to the left redirecting Blossom.

We made it to the top of the cliff and I took a second to look over the land. I couldn't see much since it was dark but I could see the palace lights and sirens.

I sniffed, I was leaving everything that I knew for a new life. I was finally taking charge for what I wanted in life, and hopefully I would meet my mate.

~*~

(2 Weeks Later)

"Here you go Blossom." I said as I fed her slices of mango.

It's a little weird, I found out that she likes mango more than apples. I remembered when she stomped on the bag of apples and begged for the mangos that I was eating.