Chapter 15

Mom got released out of the hospital a week later but she was in a wheelchair. She could walk but it caused her pain in her chest. We had to change everything back to handicapped accessible. Back when caleb was in a wheelchair we had made the house easier for him to move. We cleared out some stuff and mover him upstairs. When she got through the door, Mom immediately crawled up the stairs slowly and laid in her bed with the help of dad. She slept there pretty much all day. Dad took us to gymnastics and then I slept over with Annie, Katie, and Liv afterwards.
--------
I woke up in the morning to Liv shaking me. "Get up, Breakfast time" I sat up, groaned, and then pretended to fall back asleep. She walked away saying "C'mon Hay." I heaved my way out of bed and out the door. By the time I got there, Katie was eating her 2nd waffle. "Ooo. Waffles and bacon. Yum"
"But bacon is pig. And pigs do not deserve this." typical Katie.
When I finnished, I walked into the kitchen and washed my plate. When I walked back in, they were making musical.lys. I laughed and jumped in the background. She turned to look at me but a long honk interrupted us. Dad was here. I grabbed my bag from the couch and ran off. Annie was somehow already in the car and Caleb was in the front seat. I hopped in and my dad cracked some joke that only Caleb laughed at. We went through The Starbucks drive-thru and grabbed some drinks. We headed home and when we got there I pretty much fell asleep immediately.
--------
I jolted awake and heard someone opening the fridge. I got up and went in there. Mom was standing at the counter looking for something. "Hey sweetie"
"hi.... Why are you walking? I thought the doctor said 1 week..."
"My chest didn't hurt today so I thought I would try it. And I'm obviously alive..." she joked.
Right then her phone started ringing. She answered and I heard a very serious voice coming from the other end. Mom's face showed devastation. She shooed me out. When she was done, she was crying and talking to dad. This couldn't be good. Oh no.